• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Iphone Xs Max screen protector is usable on 3a XL

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
So, I ordered a case and a set of screen protectors on Ebay. But being so picky of not using my pixel without screen protection, I went shopping and found an iPhone Xs Max tempered glass screen protector for $3 at a local TJ Maxx, and what do you know, it almost fits completely there is a small gap, but this is just a temporary fix until I get the Pixel specific ones.
Edit:
It is actually the Xs Max screen protector.

Last edited:
Reactions: droidnew

asdf002

Feb 10, 2011
So, I ordered a case and a set of screen protectors on Ebay. But being so picky of not using my pixel without screen protection, I went shopping and found an iPhone Xs tempered glass screen protector for $3 at a local TJ Maxx, and what do you know, it almost fits completely there is a small gap, but this is just a temporary fix until I get the Pixel specific ones.
Probably covers the front facing camera huh?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

jppowers

Jun 25, 2013
Las Vegas
jp-powers.com
So, I ordered a case and a set of screen protectors on Ebay. But being so picky of not using my pixel without screen protection, I went shopping and found an iPhone Xs tempered glass screen protector for $3 at a local TJ Maxx, and what do you know, it almost fits completely there is a small gap, but this is just a temporary fix until I get the Pixel specific ones.
Mind sharing a picture? I'm curious to see the small gap and if it might cover anything necessary to leave open on the 3a XL. Namely, if it's the kind of thing where I can hunt for an iPhone XS screen protector that happens to have a gap in necessary places it might work better.

I currently have a cheap Chinese one on the screen and it has pretty bad edge lift. I've got another couple coming tomorrow that I'll try, but if I can find a decent iPhone XS or similar that is actually good quality and fits... must be better than cheap Chinese crap until we get good options, right?

Reactions: Namolas

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
Mind sharing a picture? I'm curious to see the small gap and if it might cover anything necessary to leave open on the 3a XL. Namely, if it's the kind of thing where I can hunt for an iPhone XS screen protector that happens to have a gap in necessary places it might work better.

I currently have a cheap Chinese one on the screen and it has pretty bad edge lift. I've got another couple coming tomorrow that I'll try, but if I can find a decent iPhone XS or similar that is actually good quality and fits... must be better than cheap Chinese crap until we get good options, right?
For three bucks, I don't mind the small, maybe 1-2mm space in top and bottom. The speaker grill is open. The only thing is that the front facing camera is below the screen protector, but I believe it's a fixed focus one so I don't think it will affect it at all.
There is a small part that looks like an air bubble at the bottom right side, which is my fault. I lifted the screen protector after it was on to reposition it and that is where I slipped my fingernail to lift it.

Attachments

droidnew

Jul 24, 2010
Valdosta GA
So, I ordered a case and a set of screen protectors on Ebay. But being so picky of not using my pixel without screen protection, I went shopping and found an iPhone Xs Max tempered glass screen protector for $3 at a local TJ Maxx, and what do you know, it almost fits completely there is a small gap, but this is just a temporary fix until I get the Pixel specific ones.
Edit:
It is actually the Xs Max screen protector.
Thanks for this info. I went to TJ Maxx and got one of these screen protectors and it works well. The gaps don't bother me at all. The selfie camera works fine through the protector as well.....

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
The small gap actually makes it case friendly, plus the screen protector is full glue so there is no air between it and the screen. That means no rainbow effect, and no dust in between.