Iqoo Neo 3 --> GCAM Photo improvements?

Search This thread

Ako.marketing

Oct 13, 2018
Reading some say Iqoo Neo 3 might have not the sharpest photos, anyone tested with GCAM to see if it improves quality?

darth_antz

May 15, 2017
Nagasaki
I own this phone, and the camera is a big step up from my 3 year old axon 7. As far as 'not the sharpest photos' goes, often in portait mode the vivo camera does a lot of automatic settings, that adjust beauty and light. sometimes this doesnt go well, but probably 85% of the time, if I'm patient, I get a terrific photo.

With GCAM, I have had success with GCAM 7.3.020, modified(m_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk) for taking astrophotography, but sometimes the app does crash with regular photos.
from this guide
https://www.ytechb.com/download-google-camera-7-3-for-iqoo-3/

I am happy with this phone camera. It is better than my wifes Redmi Note 8 pro. I cannot compare it with other, similar priced or spec'ed phones.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ako.marketing

darth_antz

May 15, 2017
Nagasaki
Maybe you have photo samples from your neo 3? Thanks !

Sorry for very late reply.

First image (floating structure in water) was captured at sunset with vivo's camera. all auto, just a regular photo, no tripod. This is the best example and one of my favourite photos. The AI for taking a photo and adjusting itself to the light did a great job IMO.

Second photo is using gcam and a selfie stick with a base. 30 second photo of the milky way, about 10pm at night, in a country area with little to no light pollution.

Both photos are compressed by both google images and then xda uploads. original file size is about 8-9mb for each.

Sorry I'm not keen to upload any portrait photos.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_194037.jpg
    IMG_20200814_194037.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20200814_213837.jpg
    IMG_20200814_213837.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 148

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I own this phone, and the camera is a big step up from my 3 year old axon 7. As far as 'not the sharpest photos' goes, often in portait mode the vivo camera does a lot of automatic settings, that adjust beauty and light. sometimes this doesnt go well, but probably 85% of the time, if I'm patient, I get a terrific photo.

With GCAM, I have had success with GCAM 7.3.020, modified(m_7.2.010_Urnyx05-v2.2.apk) for taking astrophotography, but sometimes the app does crash with regular photos.
    from this guide
    https://www.ytechb.com/download-google-camera-7-3-for-iqoo-3/

I am happy with this phone camera. It is better than my wifes Redmi Note 8 pro. I cannot compare it with other, similar priced or spec'ed phones.

Hope this helps.