IR Blaster does not work

Search This thread

milan979

Apr 28, 2012
I have absolutely same issue on same firmware.

EDIT: Touch squid presented me also with a message that said "No IR blaster found."
I have looked on ebay and it seems it is pretty cheap part to replace (couple of $).
It is a flex cable with front camera, ir blaster, proximity and light sensor.

So it's completely broken then?
Are you going to replace it by yourself? Don't think I can do that.
Has anyone tried doing a factory reset and see if that fixes the issue?

Edit: Furthermore, it would be so strange if it was broken because the firmware must have done something then. I have never dropped the phone or anything.

Last edited:

dejang84

Nov 8, 2011
So it's completely broken then?
Are you going to replace it by yourself? Don't think I can do that.
Has anyone tried doing a factory reset and see if that fixes the issue?

Edit: Furthermore, it would be so strange if it was broken because the firmware must have done something then. I have never dropped the phone or anything.

I have tried booting in Safe Mode, but it does not help.
IR Blaster is just a LED diode which can be burned with higher current passing through.

I am not absolutely sure that it is hardware issue. Maybe it would be wise to wait for next firmware upgrade and if it doesn't work after that, it probably needs replacement.

I can change it myself (you can look on youtube how to disassembly Note 4 and it is not very complicated), however my phone is still under warranty (it is only couple of weeks old), so I will not open it myself.

Anyhow it should not be expensive to fix it even if it is hardware issue.

milan979

Apr 28, 2012
I have tried booting in Safe Mode, but it does not help.
IR Blaster is just a LED diode which can be burned with higher current passing through.

I am not absolutely sure that it is hardware issue. Maybe it would be wise to wait for next firmware upgrade and if it doesn't work after that, it probably needs replacement.

I can change it myself (you can look on youtube how to disassembly Note 4 and it is not very complicated), however my phone is still under warranty (it is only couple of weeks old), so I will not open it myself.

Anyhow it should not be expensive to fix it even if it is hardware issue.

Oh so it's pretty fragile then...
Waiting for the next firmware might be the best option.

KostasR

Dec 16, 2012
GUYS! My IR Blaster got burnt and replaced by samsung service 2 times! It's very fragile indeed. I would advice everyone to not press any button that sends a signal to the IR Blaster repeatedly because that's what burnt mine. Keep one to two seconds Intervals between actions. No software update will fix it. Just use your warranty...

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk 4 Vip

Reactions: dejang84

rosoftway

Aug 21, 2010
ir blaster

I finally change camera-sensors-ir blaster flex with a proper one (C marked version).
.. so is working again. I hope for long time. :)

Jishy420

Aug 20, 2015
After realising mine didn't work, I thought I'd take off the frame and see if it would work then..and it did. Seems the cover over the IR bulb thing makes it not work..

will4958

Jun 13, 2008
I've used the pre-installed Peel Smart Remote several times with no problems. I actually have it set for my Samsung smart TV and my oldest nephews non-smart ViewSonic TV I'd originally purchased for myself in 2012. I do have a case on my phone, but it's one of those silicone ones with a hole for the IR at the top and mics at the bottom.

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
910w8 Canadian model 5.1.1 cok3 firmware and working fine here. Not rooted just some bloatware frozen. The preinstalled app was garbage and so are alot of others not being able to find tv codes. I ended up with zazaremote and it works flawlessly. Even took over the tv in the local McDonalds the other day from about 20 feet away lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KostasR

Dec 16, 2012
You need to replace your IR Blaster. It's not a software issue. This thread needs to be locked ?

Sent with my thumbs using Tapatalk 4 VIP

Reactions: marchnz

Tekron

Dec 30, 2015
I tried the IR blaster today but it does not work. I used the stock app, Asmart and many more IR app in the playstore but it didn't work. I checked if the IR LED is functional by viewing it in a digital camera and it does lit up. Now I used the same app (Asmart) on multiple TV on my brother's note 3 to make sure it's not the app or the tv. I found out that its not the app or the tv but my phone. Model is SM 910C. Anyone else having the same problem?

I have sm910U and the IR also doesn't work for my lg tv. Can anyone help me fix this?

ldmelo

Mar 18, 2007
My irda was working fine last night.. I was using my Note 4 to change channels on my TV. All of a sudden it stopped working. I tried clearing data from the app, reinstalling, etc...nothing fixed the issue.

Model: n910c
Ap:p peel smart remote

My phone is 4 months old and still under warranty. After reading all this, I will stop looking for a sw fix and send it to get repaired.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote mail to the Samsung support and they answer me that they are working in this issue.
    Interesting.. I'm considering buying the app. Do you have to do modify the buffers string by string or is there a global setting you apply to fix this?

There's a global setting - feel free to buy the app, and send us an email at [email protected] (mention your xda username) so we can enable the setting for you. As with everyone else, if you don't like the app, it doesn't work for you, or any other reason, we'll manually refund your purchase.
    The ir remote control is working or not? My answer are yes and no. It starts working for a while. Then don't know what happen it will stop suddenly. I don't think it is app related as other ir app will stop working as well after that. The phone must be turning off the service after something triggers it. After reboot the phone, it works again.

Anyone who experience this, restart your phone and start again

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app
    Strange.. when I updated to NK5 it worked for the first few days then eventually became intermittent again. From the Anymote reviews they say the workaround involves changing the way IR codes are sent from the Note 4, note sure what that means.

AnyMote dev here - from what we've found, samsung messed up some buffers in the IR Blaster driver, which is why sending of IR signals seems to inconsistent. Our workaround includes working with those buffers to make sure commands get pushed through.
    Found a workaround, close all applications and the IR blaster will be ok again.

Sent from my SM-N910C