IR Blaster does not work

Search This thread

cr3ativ3

Mar 31, 2010
Mine does not work at all anymore. It stopped working suddenly a good couple of months ago. Note 4 unrooted.

Do You have a warranty? If you don`t have send me a private message and I give you the seller from ebay. I was buy from him and the quality is 100% with original. No need to factory reset(model: SM-N910C, android 5.1.1 when was changed the camera).

Styrke

Jul 16, 2012
Guys yesterday it stopped working on my phone and going back to stock didn't have any effect.
Should I bother taking it to the service center while the knox flag is set to 1?

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA-Developers mobile app

redzion

Jan 12, 2009
Godic
www.simple-shop.si
My irda was working fine last night.. I was using my Note 4 to change channels on my TV. All of a sudden it stopped working. I tried clearing data from the app, reinstalling, etc...nothing fixed the issue.

Model: n910c
Ap:p peel smart remote

My phone is 4 months old and still under warranty. After reading all this, I will stop looking for a sw fix and send it to get repaired.
Did they replace ir blaster?

I have the same problem... note 4 about 6 months old...

cr3ativ3

Mar 31, 2010
Guys yesterday it stopped working on my phone and going back to stock didn't have any effect.
Should I bother taking it to the service center while the knox flag is set to 1?

Nop...

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Did they replace ir blaster?

I have the same problem... note 4 about 6 months old...

If You have a warranty, they will replace the front camera ;)

BenGman

May 17, 2007
N910H

My IR blaster has not been working for some months (halfway through using 5.1 1 and now I'm on Marshmallow still no luck).

I am using the N910H, international factory unlocked, never rooted therefore always stock ROM). I never rooted to preserve warranty status but now it's 13 months that I have the phone and I am willing to try the front camera replacement. All I see on ebay is the front camera for the N910C and N910F. Will those modules work with the N910H?

hushang87

Aug 2, 2015
IR crash in samsung galaxy note 4

I have samsung galaxy note4 and I have the same problem; my IR blaster stopped working after a month!...
I didn't expect this weakness from samsung company!
How can we report this problem to samsung??

cr3ativ3

Mar 31, 2010
I have samsung galaxy note4 and I have the same problem; my IR blaster stopped working after a month!...
I didn't expect this weakness from samsung company!
How can we report this problem to samsung??

Search your home country webpage of samsung and get online support, you need a account with your real data contact and they will replace your front camera on warranty ;), sorry for my english...

gayanaji

Feb 16, 2012
I've lost mine N910H about 2 months ago...have desperately found no solution for this.. i went to samsung service center here in indonesia and shocking me with USD 90 for replacing it with new one... hope there's something will it without changing the hardware..

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Hans Terlingen

Apr 1, 2017
my IR blaster does not work anymore. I have the feeling it started after a system update. the IR does not lite up and i did a factory restart which did not help. I can not imagine that suddenly the IR led is broken. What to do ???

pepinx6

Sep 3, 2013
i have finally solved

i have a n910c from 3 days ago. everything ok except ir blaster not working. reading this last night i started hard testing. i dont see any light using a camera at test mode *#0*# but i realised that ir it was working if im close to tv. like 10cm or less. it works. more than 10cm to tv does not work. so i dont think know is a hardware or software problem. as i have read here before im sure that if i take out the case it will work perfect. so in my phone problem is in the case?
the phone is second hand. its very new. maybe a cheap case doesnt allow ir go out?

after writing this i coulnd stop thinking about open it, so i had to do it :)
in my phone, testing *#0*# could not see the light using another camera. then i realised that if im very close (10cm or less) to tv it does work.
so i have open and took out the little dark plastic that its where the ir. i cut it a bit and tested. it worked a bit better. finally cutted almost everything of the part and it was not enought. still too dark to send.
had an idea then. i took OCA glue and drop a little tear on the hole. just a little to avoid it goes trought the other side.
worked perfect. now its close so no dust will go inside and works perfect
hope that helps someone. sorry for my english.
have fun!

Last edited:

Odeon

Oct 5, 2007
after writing this i coulnd stop thinking about open it, so i had to do it :)
in my phone, testing *#0*# could not see the light using another camera. then i realised that if im very close (10cm or less) to tv it does work.
so i have open and took out the little dark plastic that its where the ir. i cut it a bit and tested. it worked a bit better. finally cutted almost everything of the part and it was not enought. still too dark to send.
had an idea then. i took OCA glue and drop a little tear on the hole. just a little to avoid it goes trought the other side.
worked perfect. now its close so no dust will go inside and works perfect
hope that helps someone. sorry for my english.
have fun!
Thanks for useful experience.
Can you share some photos of what you've done to your device?

Reactions: weed4k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote mail to the Samsung support and they answer me that they are working in this issue.
    Interesting.. I'm considering buying the app. Do you have to do modify the buffers string by string or is there a global setting you apply to fix this?

There's a global setting - feel free to buy the app, and send us an email at [email protected] (mention your xda username) so we can enable the setting for you. As with everyone else, if you don't like the app, it doesn't work for you, or any other reason, we'll manually refund your purchase.
    The ir remote control is working or not? My answer are yes and no. It starts working for a while. Then don't know what happen it will stop suddenly. I don't think it is app related as other ir app will stop working as well after that. The phone must be turning off the service after something triggers it. After reboot the phone, it works again.

Anyone who experience this, restart your phone and start again

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app
    Strange.. when I updated to NK5 it worked for the first few days then eventually became intermittent again. From the Anymote reviews they say the workaround involves changing the way IR codes are sent from the Note 4, note sure what that means.

AnyMote dev here - from what we've found, samsung messed up some buffers in the IR Blaster driver, which is why sending of IR signals seems to inconsistent. Our workaround includes working with those buffers to make sure commands get pushed through.
    Found a workaround, close all applications and the IR blaster will be ok again.

Sent from my SM-N910C