IR blaster incompatibility?

Search This thread

Bubba Fett

Dec 9, 2012
Waaay Out There
I bought smart IR remote and coming from Samsung. Doesnt work. Is there still a problem with third party remotes and Lg? I read briefly there used to be. I restored it from helium. Am i missing something?

Reactions: grim489

reaverclan

Dec 3, 2008
CA
nearly every other 3rd party app i tried work with the ir blaster on the v20, except for the smart ir remote app. hmm..

Edit: enabling the User Alternate Ir Commands in the Advanced Settings seem to make it work

OMG, thank you for finding that setting I only use my S6 for the remote as this was not working. I can control my seven ir things again!

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
Is anyone could tell me where can I find that User Alternate Ir Commands option?

Thank you

reaverclan

Dec 3, 2008
CA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1478923899059.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1478923899059.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,757

netgar

Jan 14, 2012

Edit: updated with better video that shows touches.

Thank you my friend. I watched this video at least 10times but doesn't answer my question. I basically can't see what app it is. I dont have any ir blaster app.
I just basically like to make work "galaxy universal remote".
Is it possible?

Last edited:

ronaldyeo

Sep 27, 2013
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Oh it's called anymote sorry the first video showed that but had no touches. It's a great app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy
LG does have one on our phones called quick remote. I just like this app better.

LG's app is alright, missing out the widget portion for quick toggle.
Are you able to have the app learn new remote codes? For me it shows that the function is not available on the v20, but definitely viable since the stock app does it.

Slypnslyde

Jan 5, 2013
Wilmington, DE
nearly every other 3rd party app i tried work with the ir blaster on the v20, except for the smart ir remote app. hmm..

Edit: enabling the User Alternate Ir Commands in the Advanced Settings seem to make it work
It doesn't work for me. The Funai blu-ray I have won't accept it but the Vizio TV and my lasko heater works

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

late adopter

Dec 17, 2016
I bought smart IR remote and coming from Samsung. Doesnt work. Is there still a problem with third party remotes and Lg? I read briefly there used to be. I restored it from helium. Am i missing something?

Have an issue with touchsquid gr pro remote app, touchsquid says that LG uses a proprietary IR driver sometimes different from
one device to another. and not enough market share for them to write for each device.
as per James Shannon at Touchsquid.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
I wrote to that company when the g2 came out and they said the same crap. it's different blah blah blah. enough people clearly buy lg phones, you'd think they'd want to make an app...especially since I paid like 5 bucks for it. waste of money when I barely used it with my old gs4.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

mehtamitul

Sep 24, 2011
It works just about fine for my Sony t.v. Tatasky recording stb, and Ogeneral a.c. No issues whatsoever.. Worked right straight out of the box.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good find thank you works nice now.