• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ireland O2 Upgrade

Search This thread

barryuk

Mar 7, 2003
Will the Ireland o2 upgrade work with my UK XDA? I was about to try it and then noticed this!

"Please note that this software download is intended solely for O2 Ireland XDA customers, and will not function on devices purchased in other countries. O2 Ireland will provide support on software downloads for O2 Ireland customers only, and does not accept responsibility for issues encountered in other countries. "

I don't want to ruin the thing! Thanks

litri01

Mar 7, 2003
Slough UK
Irelans O2 Upgrade

I applied this to my UK XDA a week ago and all is OK.

Beware that the instructions on the update web site differ to those you get when running the upgrade. the site says leave connected but the update says to remove the power connector. I made sure my XDA was fully charged and removed it from the cradle when prompted. The upgrade ran perfectly and I am now on the following versions

ROM 3.14.13 ENG
ROM Date 10/09/02
Radio Version 3.14

Have fun

xdaeire

Feb 9, 2003
i tried upgrading with the latest o2 software and ****ed up my xda....i want to upgrade buy im wary now....can u tell me if ur succesful....and exactly how..id appreciate it...thanks

Polska

Mar 10, 2003
UK
xdaeire,

Instructions will be on the O2 site along with the upgrade software (well it is on the O2 Ireland site). It does seem that a small number of xda's have been "fried" when trying to run the upgrade. Well, I think thats the risk you take and it's covered under warranty so you'll get a new xda if it does "fry".

Polska.

Tim C

Feb 7, 2003
London
UK versions listed are: Radio stack 4.08 & Radio unit 3.14.13, Eire are 4.14 & 3.14.13, and someone else said Netherlands have more upto versions that that.

Regards
Tim

Zviratko

Jan 24, 2003
Prague, CZ
mercede.s.cz
LoL

if you look at the screenshot of the Device information in the .doc file, you can notice the ROM date :))))
ROM version: 3.14.13 ENG
ROM date: 10/09/2002
Radio version: 4.08

if it's the same version that's going to be final... good heavens, they are so slooooow :))

tabbycat

Jan 19, 2003
UK
Take it from me, this won't be the final version. I know because I'm evaluating a special test build :)

Can't say anymore, but it should include at least one new feature that has been discussed in the Development forum.