Is 100% real, The Acer official 3.1 Has come!

Search This thread

dude64

May 15, 2006
Youngstown, OH
Ok, I had originally updated from 1.147, and I haven't been catching up with the whole android rooting development. So, I did not take a backup before jumping. My fault. Now, I have unrooted and installed CWR. I tried flashing a number of different ROMs, but my build keeps stuck at 3.019.04 and the android version stays at 3.1. The kernel shows 2.6.36.3. Any ideas.

stufisch

May 9, 2011
3.1 OTA update on hold...

I managed to get 80% thru the OTA update download, before my entire A500 Iconia table froze, requiring power-down and restart ...

Seeing the update hadn't installed, I went to system update, and it showed that my system was up-to-date. After chatting and then calling support and being escalated, I was told that the update is now being "held", and that my system will notify me once the update is re-released.

I'm guessing that the Wifi problems some people mentioned might be the cause of this delay ...

I'm gonna hold off on downloading the leaked firmware and installing it, for now ...

Bummer!

ibrooks123

Apr 13, 2011
Guys no offense unless you are a dev do not just flash a stock update.zip Wait till they look at it. Unless you want to lose root and have to try and reflash cwm. There is already a 3.1 update in the dev section virtuous 1.05. Just dont want everyone getting upset they jumped the gun and are now stuck.:D

Can we get a link?

mchamber

Sep 22, 2009
I have 3.1 and am not rooted. I know that others have mentioned experiencing problems connecting to wifi after upgrading to 3.1, but I am experiencing a different issue. I have no problems connecting to wifi but when I am browsing the internet pages often fail to load as if there is no internet connection. If I refresh the page it will go from displaying the error message to loading the desired page correctly. It seems to happen when the page takes a long time to load. I can't tell if the long time to load is causing some kind of time out, or if the internet connection is actually fading in and out even though the wifi indicator suggests otherwise.

Anyone experiencing the same problem or have any solutions? Very frustrating. Even when pages are loading correctly they sometimes load quickly and other times take an inordinately long time to load. It varies even from page to page within the same site. I have tried multiple different internet connections with the same result.

Also experiencing horrible keyboard lag while typing this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even a "me too" reply would be helpful. Thanks.

zoubidou

Oct 22, 2010
Paris
i would suggest that you restart into recovery and clear the dalvik cache.

you can find it in recovey advanced.

UnicornKaz

May 5, 2007
Southern Ontario
So i rooted, did a back up, updated to 3.1 etc, rooted again, re-installed titanium backup... how do i restore everything?
titanium isn't showing anything available to restore...

Titanium backup made a folder in your internal card.... You have to backup that folder to somewhere else before you wipe and flash your system....etc

after you get your system up and running new... transfer that folder back to your internal card and re-install Titanium backup... it will work with that folder to restore things.

I think you forgot to transferred that folder before you wipe ? :p

well, now that you know... start over and have fun ;)

and FYI !!

I recommend only going from same base rom to another same base rom ( restoring data/system files and apps from different rom to another is not recommended due to potential glitches...etc )

ie. restoring from official to a custom rom.... or one custom base rom to another different custom based rom...etc ( file directories in most case will be the same location... but sometimes it is not and you will get glitches ;) )

.... Titanium backup have a feature that let you backup into a flash-able update.zip that can be flash through CWM to batch restore.

Last edited:

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
Please Close this thread,
the 3.1 provided is a leak and uncomplete version of the actual available ones...

I just suggest to prevent any problem :D

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
Before closing, could you point us toward what we should install besides this? A lot of us goofed and didn't do a full backup (I actually tried but ran out of space on my tiny SD card and didn't notice because CWM didn't exactly make a hoopla out of it), but me personally I've preferred Acer's roms over the Virtuous line of alternatives. Unfortunately the whole debacle over the pulled update and so many people's OTA being broken has left me totally confused and I have no idea what is the newest Acer rom one should be putting on their tablet... of course I've already accepted that getting anything OTA from Acer at this point is impossible and may remain that way indefinitely, so I'm now totally dependent on rom releases for my updates.

dweebken

Jul 26, 2010
I have 3.1 and am not rooted. I know that others have mentioned experiencing problems connecting to wifi after upgrading to 3.1, but I am experiencing a different issue. I have no problems connecting to wifi but when I am browsing the internet pages often fail to load as if there is no internet connection. If I refresh the page it will go from displaying the error message to loading the desired page correctly. It seems to happen when the page takes a long time to load. I can't tell if the long time to load is causing some kind of time out, or if the internet connection is actually fading in and out even though the wifi indicator suggests otherwise.

Anyone experiencing the same problem or have any solutions? Very frustrating. Even when pages are loading correctly they sometimes load quickly and other times take an inordinately long time to load. It varies even from page to page within the same site. I have tried multiple different internet connections with the same result.

Also experiencing horrible keyboard lag while typing this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even a "me too" reply would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm still on the stock 3.0.1. Was too chicken to try this update, after bricking another machine with another update from another forum. Had to send the bricked machine back to Acer, still don't have it back. Anyway, on my stock machine I was getting probs similar to yours. I used WiFi Analyzer to check which channel my WiFi was on and whether anyone else was using that channel. Yep, sure enough a kindly neighbour had set up their WiFi on My channel and was coming in at 60% of my power. So I moved my WiFi AP to another channel (between two neighbours) and my WiFi and internet browsers started behaving normally again. So you might wanna check your WiFi signal and for interference before you blame ghosts in the machine...

HTH, YMMV.

Top Liked Posts