Question Is anyone else having this issue with the camera?

Search This thread

Parzival__

Nov 18, 2021
So I finally got an s22 ultra after the whole fiesta was Samsung locking my previous phone because the person I bought it off of scammed me. Only to find out I can't take a video of anything at all unless I restart my phone.

If I open my camera on my phone and I hit the record button it'll act like it's recording but if you look up at the top the timer has not started and then if you click stop to go and verify if it threw something in the gallery as if you actually recorded something nothing is there. So I know it's not actually recording.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that kind of shows exactly what I'm talking about pay attention to the top where the timer is when you click the record button the timer doesn't start and it's not recording.

joancolmenares

Jun 14, 2008
York, USA
So I finally got an s22 ultra after the whole fiesta was Samsung locking my previous phone because the person I bought it off of scammed me. Only to find out I can't take a video of anything at all unless I restart my phone.

If I open my camera on my phone and I hit the record button it'll act like it's recording but if you look up at the top the timer has not started and then if you click stop to go and verify if it threw something in the gallery as if you actually recorded something nothing is there. So I know it's not actually recording.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that kind of shows exactly what I'm talking about pay attention to the top where the timer is when you click the record button the timer doesn't start and it's not recording.

View attachment 5620131
May be dumb to ask, but are you on the latest firmware? which version/firmware are you on?

Parzival__

Nov 18, 2021
May be dumb to ask, but are you on the latest firmware? which version/firmware are you on?
Yep this was an issue last update as well as this one. Current version: S908U1UEU2AVDC. I guess I worded my question wrong I know I'm not the only one with this issue I just more or less want to know if anybody has insight on if they fixed it or not. Because if you do a quick Google search of s22 ultra camera issues there's a whole slew of articles and post on samsung.com forums of people griping about this very issue except none of the articles seem to give a resolution that works and samsung.com forum mods are completely unhelpful

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
Can't replicate that issue. If you clear app cache and or system cache does the issue return?

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx

View attachment 5620131
Just tried mine. Counter is working.

Parzival__

Nov 18, 2021
Just an FYI so Samsung did confirm it was an issue select individuals are facing. They will be addressing it in the next update according to several Samsung news websites including this one pictured below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-164308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-164308_Chrome.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: doubledragon5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just an FYI so Samsung did confirm it was an issue select individuals are facing. They will be addressing it in the next update according to several Samsung news websites including this one pictured below