• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is anyone have touch issue when visiting certain website?

Search This thread

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
Hi all, im newbie in this forum, just want to know is there anyone here have touch problem when visit this website : Android tv update , try to scroll up and down fast. I have a problem suddenly my mi 11 ultra screen become less responsive and back to normal again after lock and unlock the screen
Ps: dont worry its not a spam or malware website, its just i want to identify is my unit faulty or no
Im on indonesia rom 12.5.0.2

Thank you

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
I have this issue as well, it happens more often with websites with dark skins
Hi thanks for the response, the website above is on white background anyway and in my case if the website page is long and full of ads, the screen start to bugging and i have to unlock and lock to remedy the problem. Do you know is it hardware issue or just software? I try to visit same website with edge but still got the same issue.

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
POCO M3
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
What is your browser? Kiwi?
Have you checked if its your screen protector?
What about this option with aciddental edge touch?
Screenshot_2021-07-27-03-27-04-115_com.android.settings.jpg

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Yes my browser is kiwi but when this issue happens it affects the whole interaction with the screen and not just browsing. I have accidental touching but I have it set on recommended, I watched a video on YouTube of a guy reviewing the phone and while he was doing that this issue happened to him, to solve the issue temporarily I have to lock and reunlock too
Well my screen protector is the factory one the phone come preinstalled with. I don't think it is a hardware issue, if it was the case the screen should not work in any case and not just temporarily and randomly and get solved with a screen lock

Last edited:
Reactions: tetzu

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
View attachment 5371399
Well for me, im using chrome, and already troubleshoot by using edge for android, also tried different set up for the setting you mention but the problem still arise when visit certain website like above website, when you scroll up and down multiple times on that website, the screen become less responsive and you have to lock and unlock the phone to remedy the problem :(

Reactions: xNAPx

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
Must be one of those 12.5 bugs. I'm thinking of just installing 12.0 and be done with it. Saw the xda review on mi 11 ultra using the less buggy 12.0.3.0 EU rom.
Still partly glad its not a hardware problem though, anyway need someone from other rom to test the website above just to make sure its just miui bug :(

Check this review for touch-responsiveness, seems issue with hardware default setting :

the screen's touch-responsiveness is unacceptably bad, and the MIUI software continues to deliver irks that, at this high-end level, simply don't add up to the 'Ultra' experience we were expecting.....

Reactions: speedtripler

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
Hey just want to give quick update, this touch problem only occur when using darkmode, i disabled dark mode and the problem went away. Its certainly miui 12.5 problem i think. Will do some troubleshoot to confirm this.

hassanaliyeh

Apr 3, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Have you debloated your phone? Have you removed Xiaomi ball? (Touch assistant). I debloated it and I had bad experience with some apps and some websites, a few hours ago I've reinstalled it and the experience has changed 180degrees

Will test a few more days and will report

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
Yeah, its not fixable with trying to change option or whatsoever, the problem still keep triggering if i visit website or open pdf file with many words on it. Funny things is this issue only happen at 120hz high brightness, if you use 60hz screen option, there is no problem at all, maybe i'll try to visit local service center to enquiry whether i can get unit reppacement or not.

For those who are experiencing this problem too, may i know what rom do you guys on? I'm still on indonesia 12.5.2.0 as i reluctant to open bootloader as this unit is still under warranty.

Thank you

tetzu

Sep 18, 2011
Have you debloated your phone? Have you removed Xiaomi ball? (Touch assistant). I debloated it and I had bad experience with some apps and some websites, a few hours ago I've reinstalled it and the experience has changed 180degrees

Will test a few more days and will report
Yes im debloated the rom but still keep xiaomi ball installed, but the problem persist since i havent debloat. But i do disable some of the app usage access, device admin option for some system apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Must be one of those 12.5 bugs. I'm thinking of just installing 12.0 and be done with it. Saw the xda review on mi 11 ultra using the less buggy 12.0.3.0 EU rom.
    Yes my browser is kiwi but when this issue happens it affects the whole interaction with the screen and not just browsing. I have accidental touching but I have it set on recommended, I watched a video on YouTube of a guy reviewing the phone and while he was doing that this issue happened to him, to solve the issue temporarily I have to lock and reunlock too
    Well my screen protector is the factory one the phone come preinstalled with. I don't think it is a hardware issue, if it was the case the screen should not work in any case and not just temporarily and randomly and get solved with a screen lock
    View attachment 5371399
    Well for me, im using chrome, and already troubleshoot by using edge for android, also tried different set up for the setting you mention but the problem still arise when visit certain website like above website, when you scroll up and down multiple times on that website, the screen become less responsive and you have to lock and unlock the phone to remedy the problem :(
    Check this review for touch-responsiveness, seems issue with hardware default setting :

the screen's touch-responsiveness is unacceptably bad, and the MIUI software continues to deliver irks that, at this high-end level, simply don't add up to the 'Ultra' experience we were expecting.....
    I use light mode and I have this problem as well