Question Is anyone returning the Z Fold 3?

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
The camera is quite good actually, the software is tuned to optimize within the limits of the hardware instead of going overboard with sharpening and making a mess of things. It's not on the same caliber is the iPhone 13 Pro Max obviously but it's good enough as I cannot fold my 13 Pro Max. (except 1 time, in a vice LOL!)

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
The camera is quite good actually, the software is tuned to optimize within the limits of the hardware instead of going overboard with sharpening and making a mess of things. It's not on the same caliber is the iPhone 13 Pro Max obviously but it's good enough as I cannot fold my 13 Pro Max. (except 1 time, in a vice LOL!)
My new weapon against the iPhone: tell owners that I bet they can't fold it like I can my phone. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: cpufrost

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I will be returning this phone to Samsung with the Fold 4 is released. Otherwise, shirt if breaking the phone, I will be keeping this for the duration. I have not kept a phone this long sincey old motorola RAZR. Can't think of anything else I would want. The camera is excellent although I wish it had macro mode. But the folding capability is a good enough trade off.

bayslarry00

Apr 8, 2022
The Fold 3 is a specific device made for a specific kind of phone user. If the camera is a top priority, the Ultra phones from Samsung are for you. If you want a phone that is also a tablet, and you don't want to carry multiple devices and chargers, the Fold 3 is for you.
you are right there is plenty of option for different people. It depends on what kind of phone do you want. their return policy is also attractive. I recently bought fold 3. And it's amazing.

Last edited:

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
My biggest issue with the Fold 3 right now is the fact that the S21U unlocked USA came out BEFORE the Fold 3 and yet the Fold 3 does NOT have a sim card manager!

As I've said before regarding the camera, the software is very good, it does NOT try to make the pictures look beyond what the hardware is capable of. i.e. no ridiculous over sharpening. Yes I'm laughing at the S22U here! ;-)

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I purchased from Samsung, big discount, extras, etc. Chose the 21 day trial option. I'm almost certain I will return the fold and keep my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The fold is a very nice phone but some things I just can't get past. Weight, small front screen, much more difficult to do the everyday things I need my phone for in comparison to my Note 20. The Note 20 is a gorgeous phone and everything just works. Light, easy to handle, S pen with Bluetooth so I can operate the camera wirelessly. Speaking of the camera... Wonderful zoom capabilities that the fold does not have. Really dumb to pay so much for a lesser camera, no onboard S pen and no wireless connection for the pen. A huge plus for the fold is book reading. It works great as a tablet but for the everyday stuff it will need to be much thinner and lighter for me. Just my humble opinion.
    I purchased from Samsung, big discount, extras, etc. Chose the 21 day trial option. I'm almost certain I will return the fold and keep my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The fold is a very nice phone but some things I just can't get past. Weight, small front screen, much more difficult to do the everyday things I need my phone for in comparison to my Note 20. The Note 20 is a gorgeous phone and everything just works. Light, easy to handle, S pen with Bluetooth so I can operate the camera wirelessly. Speaking of the camera... Wonderful zoom capabilities that the fold does not have. Really dumb to pay so much for a lesser camera, no onboard S pen and no wireless connection for the pen. A huge plus for the fold is book reading. It works great as a tablet but for the everyday stuff it will need to be much thinner and lighter for me. Just my humble opinion.
    The Fold 3 is a specific device made for a specific kind of phone user. If the camera is a top priority, the Ultra phones from Samsung are for you. If you want a phone that is also a tablet, and you don't want to carry multiple devices and chargers, the Fold 3 is for you.
    I went from a N20U to this Fold 3, and in all honesty, I can't think of ANY reason for me to return this.

Is the Fold 3 Perfect? No, is it overwhelmingly better than the N20U or S21? No, but for what I, personally, use it for and the reasons I had to switch, yes, it is better for ME than the N20U.

All in all, I LOVE this phone and cannot think of any reason for me to switch back from a foldable phone anytime soon. It's the screen real estate and the usage of the inner screen that clinches it for me.
    The Fold is not a replacement for the Note, it simply can't be. Maybe someday, when it's half as thick, when it has a built-in stylus and a slightly larger display to use on the fly as well as a better camera.
    I love big pads, at the time I even bought the QTEK 9000 (someone will remember it for sure). But I can't bring myself to replace my Note 20 Ultra 5G with the Galaxy Fold 3, it's stronger than me.

One question: is it true that the Fold 3's hands-free calls are in mono and not stereo? A curiosity of mine that no review(in my mother tongue) says.
    Nope, best smartphone I've ever owned.