Question Is Black Shark 5 RS an alias of this phone?

Search This thread

jartar

Sep 29, 2022
This year, alongside the flashy new BS5 and BS5 pro, they have silently announced the 5RS, which is basically a refurbished BS4 pro / BS4S with a new skin.

It's only released in China so naturally, they're all Chinese ROM.
I bought this exact model, but I missed the fact that black sharks cannot go thru the usual process of mi unlock.

What's the best way to around it? Assuming that everything is basically the same thing as 4 pro, image and TWRP are there on mifirm, but not sure how to go about this.

thanks a lot in advance to all the geniuses in this forum, thanks!

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
This year, alongside the flashy new BS5 and BS5 pro, they have silently announced the 5RS, which is basically a refurbished BS4 pro / BS4S with a new skin.

It's only released in China so naturally, they're all Chinese ROM.
I bought this exact model, but I missed the fact that black sharks cannot go thru the usual process of mi unlock.

What's the best way to around it? Assuming that everything is basically the same thing as 4 pro, image and TWRP are there on mifirm, but not sure how to go about this.

thanks a lot in advance to all the geniuses in this forum, thanks!

Black Shark 5 RS​

have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+

Black Shark 5 Pro​

have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1

jartar

Sep 29, 2022
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I recognize that. My point was that 4 pro / 4s pro / 5rs all have very similar everything. 4s pro and 5rs even have the same chipsets.