Question Is Esim enabled at launch in the USA?

Search This thread

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Just need to confirm that Esim is enabled in the USA at launch. The fold 3 fiasco with Esim has me doubting, so need to confirm prior to ordering

zapote21

Aug 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Went to Best buy today to play with one. Flip 4 had Sim manager in the connections settings. Fold 4 did not. Guess will try a different best buy lol

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Went to Best buy today to play with one. Flip 4 had Sim manager in the connections settings. Fold 4 did not. Guess will try a different best buy lol
I think this may be carrier specific.
My Flip3 that I got from Verzion in June did NOT have sim manager. I flashed an unlocked ROM and got it.

If it doesn't have it out of the box (unlocked), that is going to make some heads roll, I will tell you that.

EranNavick

Nov 23, 2014
I went on BestBuy's site, and had a chat with a 'geek' named Olivia. They sell the TMO locked version ( I bought the unlocked, but plan to have TMO SIM in it, so my bet it will boot into a TMO environment like the locked ones). As per very SPECIFIC questions I was told that the Fold 4 supports eSIM. I asked in three ways , and 2 out of the three questions were , in short. a 'YES' , the fold 4 US version under TMO will support eSIM to cover non TMO USA territories. The third question, if she can tell me if the menu under setting->connections have a SIM manager menu, was ignored.

Did I learn something new? NO. Do I know eSIM is supported? NOT SURE. I guess we will know around August 24th to 26th when the pre-orders from Samsung come in... Or maybe someone who got his AMAZON order maybe kind enough and share if the menu indeed exists..

My fear, before entering a TMO SIM, it will be there, and as soon as a TMO SIM will be entered, the menu will be gone... I have no doubt Samsung has the hardware. I will check the setting BEFORE I place the TMO SIM and will see...

Reactions: Michael in ATL

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Also beware in order to use embedded sim the device cannot be locked to a different carrier. For example if you have TMO and buy a device from them on EIP, it will be locked to them. It should work with two lines but not with Verizon or ATT. The only exception is if you pay in full and wait 45 days for them to approve an unlock request. Of course if paying cash it makes sense to buy unlocked in the first place. ;-)

EranNavick

Nov 23, 2014
Yeah, I am fully aware they know nothing of the devices they sell.. and I am well aware this is for fully purchased TMO devices. I did speak to a real person, and I did not get the answers I trust to be the truth.. I really hope SOMEONE who got his unlocked device from Amazon already will share his experience. With all the things I bought in my life at Best Buy, service and warranty by their 'Geek' squad was never something I paid for..

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Wow, in the UK, all I did was 'Transfer e-Sim" on EE's site/app and plonk away it went after scanning the QR. My watch 4 to watch 5 e-sim swap however.....

Smittyzz

Sep 16, 2011
Just want to clarify....
Esim is live for T-Mobile only..
Atnt straight talk and Verizon don't connect, they can't. I've been told by Samsung directly to wait for an update like the fold 3 for esim support to go live for them...
Came from a OnePlus 8 pro running atnt and Verizon and was slapped in the face when I found out this 0hones 1sim+1esim I was under the assumption the unlocked one was going to be dual sim..
So I'm trying to deal with Verizon through sim card for the time being. Verizon also doesn't have a slightest clue what my device is either, it read the 8 pro, now it just shows nothing in my account for a phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed by TMO at a US store that the TMO version has Esim enabled. Saw it myself with a TMO sim inserted
    They announced esim is available
    Yes and neither did the S21 Ultra and Flip 3.

At this point in the game I would be very surprised if any Samsung flagship didn't have it out of the box.
    I went on BestBuy's site, and had a chat with a 'geek' named Olivia. They sell the TMO locked version ( I bought the unlocked, but plan to have TMO SIM in it, so my bet it will boot into a TMO environment like the locked ones). As per very SPECIFIC questions I was told that the Fold 4 supports eSIM. I asked in three ways , and 2 out of the three questions were , in short. a 'YES' , the fold 4 US version under TMO will support eSIM to cover non TMO USA territories. The third question, if she can tell me if the menu under setting->connections have a SIM manager menu, was ignored.

Did I learn something new? NO. Do I know eSIM is supported? NOT SURE. I guess we will know around August 24th to 26th when the pre-orders from Samsung come in... Or maybe someone who got his AMAZON order maybe kind enough and share if the menu indeed exists..

My fear, before entering a TMO SIM, it will be there, and as soon as a TMO SIM will be entered, the menu will be gone... I have no doubt Samsung has the hardware. I will check the setting BEFORE I place the TMO SIM and will see...
    Confirmed by TMO at a US store that the TMO version has Esim enabled. Saw it myself with a TMO sim inserted
    Confirmed for T-Mobile i just enabled my Esim.