Question Is gCam and Google HDR+ two entirely different things and/or do they both work on this device?

Search This thread

larshallen

Dec 30, 2021
Title says it all. I have already concluded that gCam is working so I need to know now if this very attractive HDR+-functionality within gCam works on this device? I would love to have some examples shots made with and without gCam and HDR+ if someone got something to show? If it's good I'll go and buy this phone soon.

Thank you guys! Cool forum by the way.

sanderbos

Nov 28, 2018
Amsterdam
HDR+ is just the name of Google's implementation of image stacking (combining multiple shots into one photo, what all modern photos apps do). So HDR+ is the technology used within GCam.

If you use an app like the one described here for A52s:
You even get two different implementations of HDR+ that you can switch between in the app:
- Regular "HDR+" which combines several underexposed (so too dark) photos into one.
- "HDR+ enhanced" which takes longer to take a shot, but as I understand then it will take pictures at different exposures (so one too dark, one too bright, and one just right) so that it can correctly display both bright and dark areas in the final photo.

For sample photos comparing the Samsung stock camera app and GCam on A52s, maybe I can just point you to my A52s user review. It's in Dutch, but you can just click on the pictures in it and the captions should be readable:

Reactions: koimr

larshallen

Dec 30, 2021
Beautifully answered, thank you!

Since I wrote this post I have decided to change my choice of phone the the Samsung flagship of 2019 the Galaxy s10. This one had other qualities than the a52 that I want more at this point. The only thing that concerns me is that it doesn't use Snapdragon which makes me believe I won't be able to use the gCam. But maybe there are better alternatives?

abkraka

Mar 28, 2016
A52s xml 222 změna Vyvážení bílé
MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1x_scan3d.apk

Attachments

• A52s5g .xml
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 222222a52s.xml
    43.3 KB · Views: 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HDR+ is just the name of Google's implementation of image stacking (combining multiple shots into one photo, what all modern photos apps do). So HDR+ is the technology used within GCam.

If you use an app like the one described here for A52s:
    You even get two different implementations of HDR+ that you can switch between in the app:
    - Regular "HDR+" which combines several underexposed (so too dark) photos into one.
    - "HDR+ enhanced" which takes longer to take a shot, but as I understand then it will take pictures at different exposures (so one too dark, one too bright, and one just right) so that it can correctly display both bright and dark areas in the final photo.

For sample photos comparing the Samsung stock camera app and GCam on A52s, maybe I can just point you to my A52s user review. It's in Dutch, but you can just click on the pictures in it and the captions should be readable: