Is Google forcing an update from Android Auto 6.4?

Search This thread

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I use Screen2Auto on an unrooted phone which only seems to work on AA 6.4 or earlier.

Some people have commented that they are being forced to update AA to 6.5.

I had a notification that said something about a required update to AA. I tried to read it but it just took me to the AA update page in the PlayStore.

Are some people being forced to update AA?

• Angry
Reactions: ninimojiyoy

syphen6

Feb 19, 2008
I use Screen2Auto on an unrooted phone which only seems to work on AA 6.4 or earlier.

Some people have commented that they are being forced to update AA to 6.5.

I had a notification that said something about a required update to AA. I tried to read it but it just took me to the AA update page in the PlayStore.

Are some people being forced to update AA?
I was forced to update now I'm trying to find a workaround.

itamarbh

Mar 14, 2009
New York, NY
Yes.
Do not proceed, un-install the latest update of Google Play Services.

If already installed the AA update, so remove the update of play services and re-install the old version of AA from April.

All good.

RoyRomeo

Jun 20, 2021
I uninstalled the latest update of Google Play Services and rolled back Android Auto to version 6.3, but Android Auto will not work unless you hit the update button.

blzj8

Jun 20, 2021
it's not that I'm sitting here wearing a tin foil hat or anything.. but I think we should discuss workaround methods in private messages. Google obviously has some form of eyes watching these forums because everytime a workaround is discussed it magically gets patched not soon after. 🥸🤫🤐

mangio85

Apr 7, 2011
Dear friend, you have news? ... I will have to take a long drive with my son. Can you help me?

forced to update..6.5.612134

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
So far, my Galaxy S7 (G930V) on Android 8 is still working with Android Auto 6.4.
I've gotten notifications that I will need to update soon but they haven't cut me off yet.

JLPDA

Dec 1, 2008
So far, my Galaxy S7 (G930V) on Android 8 is still working with Android Auto 6.4.
I've gotten notifications that I will need to update soon but they haven't cut me off yet.
I also have a non-root Galaxy S7 (G930V) on Android 8. Uninstalled AA last year as I've been screen mirroring using USB to my BMW MMI (no touch screen). If I now install AA (6.5 from Play Store), then I won't be able to install S2A with AAAD at this point? Should I try to find and load AA 6.4 and attempt the S2A install or wait to see if they'll be an update to S2A and AAAD that works with AA 6.5?

RKCRLR

Jul 5, 2020
I also have a non-root Galaxy S7 (G930V) on Android 8. Uninstalled AA last year as I've been screen mirroring using USB to my BMW MMI (no touch screen). If I now install AA (6.5 from Play Store), then I won't be able to install S2A with AAAD at this point? Should I try to find and load AA 6.4 and attempt the S2A install or wait to see if they'll be an update to S2A and AAAD that works with AA 6.5?
I was incorrect about the Android Auto version on my non-rooted G930V. I'm actually on version 6.3.611324.
I couldn't get my phone to work with AAAD. I installed S2A using ADB per the Automatic method instructions on the inceptive.ru website:

Aug 2, 2021
Hello all,
My workaround for force update is

You need to Clear Data of Google play services app just before connecting to the car.

Remember, Every time you connect to the car 😊

Reactions: SOFO888

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
One question about this: does it download app data afterwards during your drive?

Additional question: can you also clear data and cache after being connected to Android Auto? I would prefer a Tasker task to do this for me. The idea is to clear data and cache as soon as I get connected to Android Auto.

Last edited:

mike.s

Apr 2, 2010
One question about this: does it download app data afterwards during your drive?

Additional question: can you also clear data and cache after being connected to Android Auto? I would prefer a Tasker task to do this for me. The idea is to clear data and cache as soon as I get connected to Android Auto.
Is your tinfoil hat borken? If so, just use the AM/FM radio or cassette player. If you want "free" from Google, you have to pay. Seriously, they make money by trying to target advertising at you.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
What do you want to say me?

Tasker is an app which can automize things. For example it can automize the clearing of cache and data.

I wanted to clear data and cache automated so that I don't have to do all the clicks by myself.

I just want to know if I have to program the task to clear data and cache every day or everytime I connect to Android Auto...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is your tinfoil hat borken? If so, just use the AM/FM radio or cassette player. If you want "free" from Google, you have to pay. Seriously, they make money by trying to target advertising at you.

I think there is no need for tinfoil accusations. Everyone uses their devices differently and has different tasks. Some have Android Auto, others prefer having a classic AM/FM radio (and if you've seen the series Superstore you'd know how Dina does not have any music capable device in her car but sings the songs herself) 😉

Also nobody was asking for free stuff. If you have an issue that can be fixed by automation, why not get Tasker, support a great developer and deal with it yourself instead of having to wait for Google to fix it 🙂
    I've workaround for this issue. ping me directly for solution
    Hello all,
    My workaround for force update is

You need to Clear Data of Google play services app just before connecting to the car.

Remember, Every time you connect to the car 😊

Yes it'll download app data after driving 🚘.

No, we should clear data before connect to the car 🚙