Is Google forcing an update from Android Auto 6.4?

Search This thread

Macusercom

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is your tinfoil hat borken? If so, just use the AM/FM radio or cassette player. If you want "free" from Google, you have to pay. Seriously, they make money by trying to target advertising at you.

I think there is no need for tinfoil accusations. Everyone uses their devices differently and has different tasks. Some have Android Auto, others prefer having a classic AM/FM radio (and if you've seen the series Superstore you'd know how Dina does not have any music capable device in her car but sings the songs herself) 😉

Also nobody was asking for free stuff. If you have an issue that can be fixed by automation, why not get Tasker, support a great developer and deal with it yourself instead of having to wait for Google to fix it 🙂

Aug 2, 2021
One question about this: does it download app data afterwards during your drive?

Additional question: can you also clear data and cache after being connected to Android Auto? I would prefer a Tasker task to do this for me. The idea is to clear data and cache as soon as I get connected to Android Auto.
Yes it'll download app data after driving 🚘.

No, we should clear data before connect to the car 🚙

Reactions: SOFO888

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks a lot.

I have an idea now how to automize the data and cache clearing.

Step 1: as soon as the car gets connected to the AAWireless Bluetooth, clear cache and data and set car mode to off.
Step 2: wait until clearing is done.
Step 3: turn car mode on and continue with the connection procedure.

I guess I will have to play around a little with the wait time and the timeout time of AAWireless.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I tried to make a tasker script.

Right now the timing is a little bit problematic. Everything gets cleared and after 30 seconds or so Google Play Services is updated again. If I do not get connected to Android Auto in this time, it's too late.

Perhaps I find a way to turn off data until I am connected to Android Auto.
Moreover, I think I really have to play around with the wait times in each step.

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Another question: did someone try to use Netguard to block internet access for:
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
?

Of course it is necessary to test out which apps are affected by this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is your tinfoil hat borken? If so, just use the AM/FM radio or cassette player. If you want "free" from Google, you have to pay. Seriously, they make money by trying to target advertising at you.

I think there is no need for tinfoil accusations. Everyone uses their devices differently and has different tasks. Some have Android Auto, others prefer having a classic AM/FM radio (and if you've seen the series Superstore you'd know how Dina does not have any music capable device in her car but sings the songs herself) 😉

Also nobody was asking for free stuff. If you have an issue that can be fixed by automation, why not get Tasker, support a great developer and deal with it yourself instead of having to wait for Google to fix it 🙂
    I've workaround for this issue. ping me directly for solution
    Hello all,
    My workaround for force update is

You need to Clear Data of Google play services app just before connecting to the car.

Remember, Every time you connect to the car 😊
    One question about this: does it download app data afterwards during your drive?

Additional question: can you also clear data and cache after being connected to Android Auto? I would prefer a Tasker task to do this for me. The idea is to clear data and cache as soon as I get connected to Android Auto.
    Yes it'll download app data after driving 🚘.

No, we should clear data before connect to the car 🚙