Is it a downgrade if I switch from Mi5 to Mi A1?

Search This thread

pianistaPL

Feb 15, 2012
Poznań - Poland
Currently thinking of switching to Mi A1. The battery life of mi5 is really really disappointing

I would never switch to Mi A1 from Mi5. Especially if you want to have better battery - Mi A1 will perform just slightly better when it comes to battery life. You could wait for Redmi Note 5 - it will be a huge battery upgrade.
But, after all, what ROM are you using? If you battery performs so bad, maybe you should do a clean flash using MiFlash. New Global Stable was just released http://en.miui.com/thread-864621-1-1.html

k_aalok

Nov 6, 2010
There are many Hardware features where MI5 is still excellent as compared to A1. Snapdragon 820, Camera with OIS.
If you are switching to A1 for the camera and stock android. I would suggest installing Lineage OS along with some camera mods.

mk_bomber96

Aug 30, 2014
i would stay stick with the mi5. Tbh i don't like the metal build on the new xiaomi phones,the mi5 feels just so much better in hands. I would have said for the camera,but the google camera hdr+ port has solved most of the issues....Plus the performance of the mi5 really hasn't slowed down and i love the latest lineage builds,the mi5 arguably has a better display too.

RootNightmareX

Jan 7, 2012
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S5
i would stay stick with the mi5. Tbh i don't like the metal build on the new xiaomi phones,the mi5 feels just so much better in hands. I would have said for the camera,but the google camera hdr+ port has solved most of the issues....Plus the performance of the mi5 really hasn't slowed down and i love the latest lineage builds,the mi5 arguably has a better display too.

Big thumbs up for the metal.build discussion.
Even though its metal.its more like a cheap one.

Top Liked Posts