• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is it already possible to root device?

Search This thread

putti71

Nov 19, 2009
Germany
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
I like to know if it's already possible to root device? I thought I could just patch boot image from a fastboot rom, but now I heard that boot.img is probably the recovery partition on A/B devices, while vendor_boot.img is probably the actual boot partition.
Is there a safe and working way to root yet?

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Yes I have rooted my Mi 11 Lite 5G . I have also flashed EU rom via fastboot . The process is normal .. Download fast boot rom ..extract ..install latest Magisk application . Patch the boot.img in the images folder. Flash via fastboot ..
fastboot flash boot patchedboot.img
( name the patched file patchedboot.img)
Then you can also flash EU version rom with flash all bat in the fastbootrom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-05-09-39-33-312_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-05-09-39-33-312_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_2021-05-05-09-39-40-255_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-05-09-39-40-255_com.android.settings.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 248

chlodvig

Jan 19, 2010
Yes I have rooted my Mi 11 Lite 5G . I have also flashed EU rom via fastboot . The process is normal .. Download fast boot rom ..extract ..install latest Magisk application . Patch the boot.img in the images folder. Flash via fastboot ..
Hi

With that ROM do you have full screen gestures working with other launchers?
To install this ROM the bootloader needs to be unlocked?

Thanks

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Hi

Thanks
Yes you need to unlock for flashing but can relock when done if you are flashing official stuff without root .. I'm on latest BETA EU rom and I'm using lawnchair 2 in combo with fluid gestures application to get workaround to get full screen gestures working really well . I'm not aware of which other launchers supppet full screen gestures on miui on amdroid 11 ... Theoretically according to dev of fluid gestures it shouldn't be working ... Cos it's android 11 and MIUI blocks 3rd party gesture apps ..or Google does ..anyway it works with or without root but I have only used lawnchair 2.

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Thanks @KevMetal
I was hoping that with that ROM I would be a able to use for example Nova Launcher with gestures.
But that seems to not be the case :(
Thanks
I'm not saying no . I'm just saying the only workable situation I've found ... It's worth a try .. Install Nova and Fluid gestures.. If it fails try flashing EU rom using that ..failing again try the combo with Magisk .. Still failing replace Nova with Lawnchair...unless you specifically need Nova .. Or if simply don't want to unlock boot.. But is the first thing I do MIUI to get rid of all the bloat systemlessly with Magisk

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
Hi, I've seen somewhere, in root method to know before patching, to know if it's A/B partition or not...but how to know that???
thank's
I've been using a Note 3 for 8 years, so I discover the xiaomi universe and the locked bootloader and ....
No you don't need to know .. Just patch the boot image of the fastboot rom with magisk application on your phone. We don't have a twrp and you need to unlock your bootloader ALWAys on EVERY phone to root or use twrp .. Anyway unlock it ..it's no big deal ..then flash via fast boot

fastboot flash boot bootPatched.img

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I just want to be sure before beginning the procedure...tommorow, it's 7 days wait for unlock the phone...
I use batch unlock tool and it wipe the phone
after complete setup again, I copy boot.img from fastboot on phone and flash it with last magisk and then I flash it in fastboot mode.
and I have to flash complete EU rom with flash all command??? but it will overwrite patched boot with stock one???
do I miss something or not??
thank's

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
I just want to be sure before beginning the procedure...tommorow, it's 7 days wait for unlock the phone...
after complete setup again, I copy boot.img from fastboot on phone and flash it with last magisk and then I flash it in fastboot mode.
and I have to flash complete EU rom with flash all command??? but it will overwrite patched boot with stock one???
thank's
sorry my bad

1. request unlock (7 days)
2. use batch unlock tool to unluck ( will wipe device ) *use volume down & powet to enter fastboot
3. boot the device and enable dev settings by tapping on miui version 7 times
4. the unlock toggle will be on but you need to activate adb debug again
5. install adb/ fastboot on PC
6. connect phone via usb cable
7. open cmd window from inside adb folder
8. run following cmd
adb devices
( will ask on phone for authorization) GIVE it !
adb reboot bootloader
( will boot into fastboot )
fastboot devices
( will return a value)
9. extract MIUI EU fastboot rom
10. run flash_all_bat as admin
( WAIT EVEN IF IT SEEMS LONG)
11. when success boot phone and setup and repeat steps 3&4
12. install magisk app
13. copy boot.img from the MIUI EU fastboot ROM to phone
14. inside magisk select it and patch it
15. copy file to adb folder and give name "patchedboot.img"
16. now repeat steps 6&7&8
17. when in fastboot run cmd
18. reboot & enjoy

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
sorry my bad

2. use batch unlock tool to unluck ( will wipe device ) *use volume down & powet to enter fastboot
8. run following cmd
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot devices
( will return a value)
12. install magisk app
18. reboot & enjoy
whao, this is a perfect tuto.....will do it tomorrow or friday.....merci beaucoup..

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
unlock is ok, but is it normal that after flash all, nothing happens on phone and computer???
thanks
Nothing no, but the process slow ..the fastboot command window must show commands running as it sends the .img files to phone ... What does it say in fastboot window ? Did you remember to use adb command to boot to fastboot ? Did you leave fastboot command window open..
If you send photos or more info about everything you did I can help more

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Nothing no, but the process slow ..the fastboot command window must show commands running as it sends the .img files to phone ... What does it say in fastboot window ? Did you remember to use adb command to boot to fastboot ? Did you leave fastboot command window open..
If you send photos or more info about everything you did I can help more
I use adb tool to reboot on BL then I flash-all, windows ask confirmation to run on admin...a window open and close immediately..and nothing happens on the phone, it still fastboot....the adb window is still open and nothing on it...
but do I have to use xiaomi flash tool???
on flash tool, it's possible to select flash-all command..

KevMetal

Nov 11, 2016
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire HD 6 and 7
I use adb tool to reboot on BL then I flash-all, windows ask confirmation to run on admin...a window open and close immediately..and nothing happens on the phone, it still fastboot....the adb window is still open and nothing on it...
but do I have to use xiaomi flash tool???
on flash tool, it's possible to select flash-all command..
No it uses fast boot .inside fastboot folder open command window and type

Fastboot devices

Tell me what happens.. Send photo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thank's
    sorry my bad

8. run following cmd
    adb devices
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot devices
    ( will return a value)
    12. install magisk app
    18. reboot & enjoy
    Hi

Thanks
    Yes you need to unlock for flashing but can relock when done if you are flashing official stuff without root .. I'm on latest BETA EU rom and I'm using lawnchair 2 in combo with fluid gestures application to get workaround to get full screen gestures working really well . I'm not aware of which other launchers supppet full screen gestures on miui on amdroid 11 ... Theoretically according to dev of fluid gestures it shouldn't be working ... Cos it's android 11 and MIUI blocks 3rd party gesture apps ..or Google does ..anyway it works with or without root but I have only used lawnchair 2.
    Thanks @KevMetal
    I was hoping that with that ROM I would be a able to use for example Nova Launcher with gestures.
    But that seems to not be the case :(
    Thanks
    I'm not saying no . I'm just saying the only workable situation I've found ... It's worth a try .. Install Nova and Fluid gestures.. If it fails try flashing EU rom using that ..failing again try the combo with Magisk .. Still failing replace Nova with Lawnchair...unless you specifically need Nova .. Or if simply don't want to unlock boot.. But is the first thing I do MIUI to get rid of all the bloat systemlessly with Magisk
    Hi, I've seen somewhere, in root method to know before patching, to know if it's A/B partition or not...but how to know that???
    thank's
    I've been using a Note 3 for 8 years, so I discover the xiaomi universe and the locked bootloader and ....
    No you don't need to know .. Just patch the boot image of the fastboot rom with magisk application on your phone. We don't have a twrp and you need to unlock your bootloader ALWAys on EVERY phone to root or use twrp .. Anyway unlock it ..it's no big deal ..then flash via fast boot

fastboot flash boot bootPatched.img