• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is it just me or is Bluetooth on this phone completely borked?

Search This thread

shredder47

Dec 31, 2010
Columbus, OH/Philadelphia, PA
I've had horrendous issues with Bluetooth -- getting it paired, placing calls, etc. Haven't seen many places reporting on this, but seems to be 6.0 related. Can we please draw some attention to this and make sure it gets fixed in 6.0.1? If not, I'm probably going to have to return the phone when I'd really rather not

Reactions: cmo220

gaming09

Oct 20, 2010
I've had horrendous issues with Bluetooth -- getting it paired, placing calls, etc. Haven't seen many places reporting on this, but seems to be 6.0 related. Can we please draw some attention to this and make sure it gets fixed in 6.0.1? If not, I'm probably going to have to return the phone when I'd really rather not

I havent had any issues with bluetooth, on my sonata hooks right up no skips or hickups, on my bluebuds X no issues either. sorry :-x

ikon8

Feb 23, 2010
L.A.
I only have 1 bt device I connect to, my car, and it's worked fine every time. Pairs automatically and quickly, played a lot of audio over bt and made a couple phone calls and all working ok.

whitlecj01

Oct 24, 2015
I have also had issues with bluetooth. Mainly when connected to my Chevy truck. Sometimes calls will not play through the bluetooth system and I have to pick up the phone and switch to speaker or handset. Very annoying. Has happened about 5 times over the last week. Other times it works perfectly though. No idea what the problem is.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: mptpro

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I actually just asked about a different Bluetooth problem I'm having in a different thread. The answers here have me wondering if it's possibly that some phones have defective hardware. Maybe I'll RMA mine and see if I have the same problem.

Kusanagi Fire

Aug 29, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
Yeah, I only really use Bluetooth with my Mazda 3 and I've had no problems pairing it there. Haven't taken any calls on it, but playing music the same as always.

There's some high battery drain related to Bluetooth being on that some folks are reporting, which appears to be more software related to 6.0.

shredder47

Dec 31, 2010
I havent had any issues with bluetooth, on my sonata hooks right up no skips or hickups, on my bluebuds X no issues either. sorry :-x

what year Sonata, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps this is more of an issue with newer or older vehicles?

I have M on this phone and my Nexus 6 and have no issues with my Nissan, Ford or BT head set.

Strange. Seems to very hit or miss..

I only have 1 bt device I connect to, my car, and it's worked fine every time. Pairs automatically and quickly, played a lot of audio over bt and made a couple phone calls and all working ok.

What type of car?

I have also had issues with bluetooth. Mainly when connected to my Chevy truck. Sometimes calls will not play through the bluetooth system and I have to pick up the phone and switch to speaker or handset. Very annoying. Has happened about 5 times over the last week. Other times it works perfectly though. No idea what the problem is.

This is exactly what was happening with my phone -- although I have now unpaired it and deleted the phone from my vehicle, I'm not able to get it re-paired. And it has been doing this for every call, so it's not been intermittent at all.

No issues with my vehicle dongle nor the punk bt speaker.

Hmmmm

I actually just asked about a different Bluetooth problem I'm having in a different thread. The answers here have me wondering if it's possibly that some phones have defective hardware. Maybe I'll RMA mine and see if I have the same problem.

I would be curious. Trying to figure out how widespread this is, and if it's an RMA issue or a return issue.

Yeah, I only really use Bluetooth with my Mazda 3 and I've had no problems pairing it there. Haven't taken any calls on it, but playing music the same as always.

There's some high battery drain related to Bluetooth being on that some folks are reporting, which appears to be more software related to 6.0.

Have you tried to make any calls from your car?

gaming09

Oct 20, 2010
what year Sonata, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps this is more of an issue with newer or older vehicles?

Strange. Seems to very hit or miss..

What type of car?

This is exactly what was happening with my phone -- although I have now unpaired it and deleted the phone from my vehicle, I'm not able to get it re-paired. And it has been doing this for every call, so it's not been intermittent at all.

Hmmmm

I would be curious. Trying to figure out how widespread this is, and if it's an RMA issue or a return issue.

Have you tried to make any calls from your car?
2013 sonata se basic radio with Bluetooth

puritan007

Aug 20, 2013
Colfax
The only strange thing I noticed is this, it paired fine, connects fine, shows the music I'm playing on play music fine, but unless I adjust volume down one click off max I get no audio. Lol

kozad

Dec 9, 2012
Alliance, Nebraska

I used my UE Boom speakers with it and had no issues. Mind you, my UE Booms are linked together, so the phone was only truly paired to one, but the odd issues with one channel of audio dropping in and out that I have with my Fire Phone was not present with the 6P.

shredder47

Dec 31, 2010
For people that aren't having issues, have you applied the November security update? There appears to be some type of Bluetooth security fix in there, perhaps that is also fixing the connection issues that some of us are experiencing? I'm willing to flash it later tonight and test if there is any evidence it will help

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Pioneer 8500bhs, beats over ear wireless, Motorola Keylink, and waterproof portable Bluetooth speaker all work great for my 6p over BT.
I have a question for you about the Bluetooth headphones you use. If you pause what you are listening to with the button on the headphones and keep the phone in your pocket for 15 minutes, will pressing play on the headphones resume what you were listening to? Mine won't. Many times even after just 3 or 4 minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's hardware or software problem. If it does resume consistently could you let me know what build you are on? Thanks.

thacounty

Jun 26, 2008
Bowling Green
For people that aren't having issues, have you applied the November security update? There appears to be some type of Bluetooth security fix in there, perhaps that is also fixing the connection issues that some of us are experiencing? I'm willing to flash it later tonight and test if there is any evidence it will help

I haven't flashed anything yet. Figured I'd unlock and get up to date soon.

I have a question for you about the Bluetooth headphones you use. If you pause what you are listening to with the button on the headphones and keep the phone in your pocket for 15 minutes, will pressing play on the headphones resume what you were listening to? Mine won't. Many times even after just 3 or 4 minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's hardware or software problem. If it does resume consistently could you let me know what build you are on? Thanks.

I'll try it here in a few minutes at my desk. Is your music app staying open? On my 6, Pandora or gpm would close and play wouldn't work anymore in my truck until I reopened the app.

cmo220

Aug 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I haven't flashed anything yet. Figured I'd unlock and get up to date soon.

I'll try it here in a few minutes at my desk. Is your music app staying open? On my 6, Pandora or gpm would close and play wouldn't work anymore in my truck until I reopened the app.
The app is staying open. I'm using this exactly how I used my N6. Same apps and same pairs of Bluetooth headphones. I didn't have this problem on the N6.

thacounty

Jun 26, 2008
Bowling Green
The app is staying open. I'm using this exactly how I used my N6. Same apps and same pairs of Bluetooth headphones. I didn't have this problem on the N6.

Just tried this.

Google Play Music - PowerBeats 2 Wireless - Nexus 6P

Using the Beats buttons to play and pause each time.

Music paused 9:20AM
Play/Pause working 9:25AM
Play/Pause working 9:35AM
Play/Pause working 9:50AM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have a 2013 Toyota Avalon. My Nexus 6p intermittently disconnects and connects. Frustrating like hell.

I disabled bluetooth in the location services ( dont know why it should be there in the first place) and not having anymore issues.

Interesting find, will give this a try in my Audi and see if it fixes it, but so far the LG Watch Urbane has been better.

Where exactly is the setting?

Settings -> Location -> Menu (3 dots top right) -> Scanning -> Bluetooth Scanning

I'm going to give it a go next time I'm in the car.
    Nexus 6P car Bluetooth issue (SOLVED)

I have a 2013 Toyota Avalon. My Nexus 6p intermittently disconnects and connects. Frustrating like hell.

I disabled bluetooth in the location services ( dont know why it should be there in the first place) and not having anymore issues.
    It's no so annoying that I'd go back to Samsung ;)