• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is it necessary to flash DmVerityDisable zip?

Search This thread

sadab

Apr 26, 2013
Dhaka
Sony Xperia SP
Xiaomi Mi 5
I will be unlocking my bootloader soon. I am currently on Miui v12.5.1 Global Stable. After unlocking the bootloader i have planned to flash twrp and ArrowOs. But in a thread named "Safety way to Unlock Bootloader + Flash Recovery + Root" i found that after flashing twrp i have to flash a zip named "DmVerityDisable". Is it necessary to flash this "DmVerityDisable"? And what is this "DmVerityDisable" zip about?
The thread that i am talking about is here:
Safety way to Unlock Bootloader + Flash Recovery + Root

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I will be unlocking my bootloader soon. I am currently on Miui v12.5.1 Global Stable. After unlocking the bootloader i have planned to flash twrp and ArrowOs. But in a thread named "Safety way to Unlock Bootloader + Flash Recovery + Root" i found that after flashing twrp i have to flash a zip named "DmVerityDisable". Is it necessary to flash this "DmVerityDisable"? And what is this "DmVerityDisable" zip about?
No, it's not necessary.

Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, install ArrowOS, format DATA, reboot.

Don't do any other wipes before or after flashing the ROM

Reactions: sadab

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, it's not necessary.

Unlock bootloader, install TWRP, install ArrowOS, format DATA, reboot.

Don't do any other wipes before or after flashing the ROM