Is it normal for a brand new device to have 92% battery capacity??

nldxda

Jan 8, 2011
Bought a new P3XL to replace my crapped out Day 1 P3XL but Accubattery says my battery is at 92% of its intended capacity. Is this because the P3XL sat new in box for so long? My first P3XL had 103% capacity when it was new!

Scythe

Nov 19, 2013
Gaziantep
Accubattery might be wrong you may try sending a bugreport to "bathist.ef.lc" after full charge/discharge cycle. For my case I found it more accurate.

But sending a bug report might expose your security, your choice.

Consistent 92 percent might mean a bit problem or just an old battery, it may gradually recover.

Also "no" just powered off device will not affect anything but ! low charge or empty battery for long time might do.

Nalub

Aug 5, 2017
If your phone was manufactured in 2018 when it came out, it is very possible that the battery health is 92%. Batteries lose their capacity not only while using the phone, but also in time when they just stay. Anyway, as I see, many people trust accubattery, and many don't. Your screen on time is way more accurate. I bought a few months ago a new Pixel 3 XL and didn't even check the percentage, because I am happy with my screen on time

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
If your phone was manufactured in 2018 when it came out, it is very possible that the battery health is 92%. Batteries lose their capacity not only while using the phone, but also in time when they just stay. Anyway, as I see, many people trust accubattery, and many don't. Your screen on time is way more accurate. I bought a few months ago a new Pixel 3 XL and didn't even check the percentage, because I am happy with my screen on time
Thinking about buying a new Pixel 3 XL on ebay. Is the battery life good on Android 11?

I also wonder if the oleophobic coating on the screen is good on your phone? I bought a P3XL second hand one year ago and the coating was really bad. Had to clean the screen several times per day. For this reason, I sold it.

Nalub

Aug 5, 2017
In WiFi i get around 6-7 hours of SOT (screen on time). On mobile data around 4-5. All this with around 24 hours between charges.

I'm not sure what you mean by oleophobic coating, English is not my first language and I'm not familiar with what this means

Reactions: flipp0

flipp0

Jun 2, 2013
In WiFi i get around 6-7 hours of SOT (screen on time). On mobile data around 4-5. All this with around 24 hours between charges.

I'm not sure what you mean by oleophobic coating, English is not my first language and I'm not familiar with what this means
Thanks!

Most smartphone screens have a layer of oil-repellent (oleophobic) coating that protects the screen, improves smoothness, and reduces fingerprints. Over time, this layer sometimes degrades. Some smartphones also have less coating to begin with. You will notice bad coating if you have to clean the screen often. I wonder if this is a common issue on P3XL or if I just had bad luck when I bought my unit.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone