Question Is it ok to buy S22+?

Search This thread

RenikSK

Jun 30, 2016
Hi, still using S20+ 128GB. Thinking of buy new model.
Is it worth to buy new S22+? Or maybe S22 Ultra?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
No SD card slot. At least wait a few months to see what problems it may have. Display issues have been seen on all the variable rate displays including outright failures.

I bought my second new Note 10+ 4 months ago because I suspected Samsung would drop the ball again in 2023. They did.

Reactions: prborich

DemotionFR

Feb 8, 2021

For me S21 ultra not worth, 14.2% faster CPU speed for this price.
The difference between an S20 and an S21 is even more ridiculous.

Maybe S22 Ultra with new Exynos 2200 and GPU Xclipse 920 and Raytracing.

It would be better to wait for a test.

If the GPU is restricted due to overheating, the evolution offered by this new material will probably be useless because it cannot be used due to the heat.

You can easily keep your current phone for 5 years after purchase, more thanks to the support of custom ROMs.

That's the advantage of buying a top-of-the-line phone under android.

Last edited:

I also have the S20+. I pre-ordered the 22+, but I'm having seconwith four generations of One UI and five years of security updates1 d thoughts. I'm getting $480 in trade for my S20. Not bad for 2 years old phone. No SD card slot is not an issue, 256gb is more than enough. I'm having 2nd thoughts because my S20 + is still a great phone. One main reason to buy the new ph one is becasuse

I also have the S20+. I pre-ordered the 22+, but I'm having second thoughts. I'm getting $420 in trade for my S20. Not bad for 2 years old phone. No SD card slot is not an issue, 256GB is more than enough. I'm having 2nd thoughts because my S20+ is still a great phone. One main reason I'm considering the new phone is that Samsung is now providing four generations of software updates and five years of security updates. And I plan to keep it much longer than 2 years this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: steveroysston

Roland Deschain

Dec 11, 2008
North Miami Beach, FL
It depends on what your needs are. I live in Miami, and I pre-ordered the S22 Plus because of the 1750 nits peak brightness screen. I have what was the brightest phone screen in existence a year ago, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, but even that's not enough to see outdoors in the Miami sun during the summer months, lol. I really wish they would have included the bright screen the S22 Plus and S22 Ultra have on the regular S22, as I would prefer a smaller phone...oh well.

Reactions: dlorde

Xalies

Nov 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
It depends on what your needs are. I live in Miami, and I pre-ordered the S22 Plus because of the 1750 nits peak brightness screen. I have what was the brightest phone screen in existence a year ago, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, but even that's not enough to see outdoors in the Miami sun during the summer months, lol. I really wish they would have included the bright screen the S22 Plus and S22 Ultra have on the regular S22, as I would prefer a smaller phone...oh well.
Only problem with that is that I wonder how that will effect the life of the screen with burn-in

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Only problem with that is that I wonder how that will effect the life of the screen with burn-in
Likely. It could get fried in one shot in direct sunlight from excessive temperature.
Impossible to say for sure but it will shorten the lifespan at the very least. If you plan to only keep it 1 year as long as you don't destroy it from high temperature running it at or near full be just may not matter.

Max I'll normally go on my N10+'s is 50%, I avoid using them accept in shade. Occasionally when needed I will go near or at full brightness but only for seconds at a time. On this heavily used Note the display has no discernible defects whatsoever after almost 2.5 years. Projected lifespan 5+ years.

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
with trade in value, why not...I bought s22+, trading in S21, slight size increase, but worth the additional real estate, plus, the S22 actually smaller than S21

unomedmen1

Jul 17, 2010
I have the s20 currently. I preordered the S22+ for 2 reasons, and 2 reasons only. I wanted the Phantom White, and also a larger screen. That's it. I never trade in phones, I just collect them lol.

Reactions: blackhawk
Yes it is worth it.. I just traded a note 4 for 800 off a s22+ and kept my current driver (oneplus 7t)..

so in essence, just buy an old samsung phone and use it towards the deal while its active & keep your s20.. for me it was at&t, i havent' looked at the others

Reactions: Slade8525

anup

Feb 3, 2013
My samsung s22 plus gives me average screen on time of 4 hours. I use it indoors in 4g from 9am to 6 pm.
Tried power saving mode .. it gives me 15 minutes extra .
Need help to get atleast 6 hours of screen on time . This phone has disappointed me.
Today's battery screen shot

Screenshot_20220408-190358_Device care.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
turn off Location , Bixby routines, and google play services "background data OFF" and it will be better
Use manual brightness control and keep it under 50% or less most of the time. In the shade I run at 30-40% brightness on my N10+'s.
Use 60hz refresh rate and don't use maximum resolution especially if you can't see the difference.

Take out the trash, social media apps should never be installed... no joke.

Jai.agarwal779

Apr 18, 2022
My samsung s22 plus gives me average screen on time of 4 hours. I use it indoors in 4g from 9am to 6 pm.
Tried power saving mode .. it gives me 15 minutes extra .
Need help to get atleast 6 hours of screen on time . This phone has disappointed me.
Today's battery screen shot

View attachment 5582655
Hello Anup can u please share a screenshot of device at 24hz refrest rate, want to get the s22+, please help

anup

Feb 3, 2013
Samsung s22 plus just does 60hz in battery saver mode. This is my current screen on time. Used the phone indoors and on 4g. almost everyone who has got this phone has reported very bad screen on time.Screenshot_20220418-153328_Device care.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For me S21 ultra not worth, 14.2% faster CPU speed for this price.
    The difference between an S20 and an S21 is even more ridiculous.

Maybe S22 Ultra with new Exynos 2200 and GPU Xclipse 920 and Raytracing.

It would be better to wait for a test.

If the GPU is restricted due to overheating, the evolution offered by this new material will probably be useless because it cannot be used due to the heat.

You can easily keep your current phone for 5 years after purchase, more thanks to the support of custom ROMs.

That's the advantage of buying a top-of-the-line phone under android.
    No SD card slot. At least wait a few months to see what problems it may have. Display issues have been seen on all the variable rate displays including outright failures.

I bought my second new Note 10+ 4 months ago because I suspected Samsung would drop the ball again in 2023. They did.

I also have the S20+. I pre-ordered the 22+, but I'm having second thoughts. I'm getting $420 in trade for my S20. Not bad for 2 years old phone. No SD card slot is not an issue, 256GB is more than enough. I'm having 2nd thoughts because my S20+ is still a great phone. One main reason I'm considering the new phone is that Samsung is now providing four generations of software updates and five years of security updates. And I plan to keep it much longer than 2 years this time.
    I have the s20 currently. I preordered the S22+ for 2 reasons, and 2 reasons only. I wanted the Phantom White, and also a larger screen. That's it. I never trade in phones, I just collect them lol.