Question Is it ok to skip an update using the android flash tool

Search This thread

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So basically I haven't updated since android 13 came out. Last month I saw that the monthly patch had arrived but the android flash tool didn't seem to have it. I haven't been bothered enoguh to check again since then but I now see that they builds aren't separated like they used to be and there's only a Android 13 option. I am currently on TP1A.220624.021, and Andrioid Flash Tool is offering TP1A.221005.002.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
So basically I haven't updated since android 13 came out. Last month I saw that the monthly patch had arrived but the android flash tool didn't seem to have it. I haven't been bothered enoguh to check again since then but I now see that they builds aren't separated like they used to be and there's only a Android 13 option. I am currently on TP1A.220624.021, and Andrioid Flash Tool is offering TP1A.221005.002.
Yeah, it's fine to just update to the latest. As a reminder, make sure you have the A13 bootloader flashed to both slots before doing anything, if you haven't already,

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Ok, as for having both slots flashed, in not entirely sure if they are haha. I had a few issues updating to Android 13 as listed here, so I'm assuming they are both flashed.
Reading through that thread it doesn't sound like you did as Android Flash Tool doesn't flash to both slots, even when force flash partitions is selected.

Follow the guide in the link below to flash the A13 bootloader to the opposite slot.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reading through that thread it doesn't sound like you did as Android Flash Tool doesn't flash to both slots, even when force flash partitions is selected.

Follow the guide in the link below to flash the A13 bootloader to the opposite slot.

Sorry for the *very* late response. When I was trying using ADB and ```flash-all.bat```, I think the bootloader flashed successfully. However I will try the instructions at the bottom of the page you linked to check the bootloader version.

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ok, so I've just checked. The bootloader is the same version on both slots:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.2130]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
* daemon started successfully

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot devices
1C101FDEE009NE fastboot

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: a
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar version-bootloader
version-bootloader: slider-1.2-8739948
Finished. Total time: 0.005s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot --set-active=b
Setting current slot to 'b' OKAY [ 0.111s]
Finished. Total time: 0.116s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: b

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar bersion-bootlaoder
getvar:bersion-bootlaoder FAILED (remote: 'variable (bersion-bootlaoder) not found')
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar bersion-bootloader
getvar:bersion-bootloader FAILED (remote: 'variable (bersion-bootloader) not found')
Finished. Total time: 0.011s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot getvar version-bootloader
version-bootloader: slider-1.2-8739948
Finished. Total time: 0.003s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot --set-active a
fastboot: usage: unknown command a

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot --set-active=a
Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.125s]
Finished. Total time: 0.133s

current-slot: a

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>fastboot continue
Resuming boot OKAY [ 0.036s]
Finished. Total time: 0.051s

C:\Users\$USER\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.2-windows\platform-tools>

If you ignore my typos, then you can see that both slots are on bootloader version 'slider-1.2-8739948'. What steps should I take to update to the latest system version now? Just update through the Android Flash Tool?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P

If you ignore my typos, then you can see that both slots are on bootloader version 'slider-1.2-8739948'. What steps should I take to update to the latest system version now? Just update through the Android Flash Tool?
Updating via Android Flash Tool is fine. You can also use the Pixel Flasher.

Reactions: Divine Bicycle

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Screenshot_20221210-215009.png

Thank you for that advice, I am now up to date and using Kirisakura's kernel.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, it's fine to just update to the latest. As a reminder, make sure you have the A13 bootloader flashed to both slots before doing anything, if you haven't already,
    Ok, as for having both slots flashed, in not entirely sure if they are haha. I had a few issues updating to Android 13 as listed here, so I'm assuming they are both flashed.

Updating via Android Flash Tool is fine. You can also use the Pixel Flasher.
    Screenshot_20221210-215009.png

Thank you for that advice, I am now up to date and using Kirisakura's kernel.