Is it possible to boot samsung firmware with CM bootloader

Search This thread

macrostr

Jan 29, 2011
Hi, title is explaining all.

I need a bootloader for running custom p601 roms on my p602. CM12 bootloader works on my device, P601 bootloader does not. Is is possible to boot samsung firmwares with CM bootloader. ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Any advice ? I don't want to brick my device :(
Mate , the worst situation is that you mess up all the partitions which you can fix using the stock pit files ( for which I made a thread ... here ) ... so don't get frightened and try the recover and the ROM ( even in the recovery , you can't install the ROM because the model number differs ... ) also tell me about the nand structure and the CPU and also the Network support ... If everything is the same (esp the CPU and Nand Structure ) it's alright to give it a try but, if not , It's a waste of time to play this ... so , please provide a bit more detail ...

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

macrostr

Jan 29, 2011
Hi guys, thanks for your response :)
Bootloader? I think you mean recovery and no you will brick.
Yes, I can install TWRP and flash custom p601 roms (5.0.1) without a problem. When I flash a 5.1.1 custom rom, it did not. I beleive it is because of the new boot.img of 5.1.1 roms.

Mate , the worst situation is that you mess up all the partitions which you can fix using the stock pit files ( for which I made a thread ... here ) ... so don't get frightened and try the recover and the ROM ( even in the recovery , you can't install the ROM because the model number differs ... ) also tell me about the nand structure and the CPU and also the Network support ... If everything is the same (esp the CPU and Nand Structure ) it's alright to give it a try but, if not , It's a waste of time to play this ... so , please provide a bit more detail ...

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

It'is identical to SM-P601 variant of note 10.1^2014, Just the RIL part is modified for not to support voice calls, It only use sim to connect network. When I flash p601 roms, I am able to make voice calls. I also make thread about it here. Partitioning is differs from p601 too. It's not the same but similar. One of my friends overwrite the pit with p601 stock roms and bricked the device before. I can boot with cm12 and cm13 roms for p601. But I want to use 5.1.1 stock or stock based roms.

Last edited:

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Hi guys, thanks for your response :)

Yes, I can install TWRP and flash custom p601 roms (5.0.1) without a problem. When I flash a 5.1.1 custom rom, it did not. I beleive it is because of the new boot.img of 5.1.1 roms.

It'is identical to SM-P601 variant of note 10.1^2014, Just the RIL part is modified for not to support voice calls, It only use sim to connect network. When I flash p601 roms, I am able to make voice calls. I also make thread about it here. Partitioning is differs from p601 too. It's not the same but similar. One of my friends overwrite the pit with p601 stock roms and bricked the device before. I can boot with cm12 and cm13 roms for p601. But I want to use 5.1.1 stock or stock based roms.
So, if it's this way , give " Binh24 mod " stock 5.1.1 ROM a shot ... Happy Flashing ... :laugh:

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
I flashed the binh24 mod, but not booted up, not even show samsung logo, just tried to boot and go back to recovery.
You know why ? ( no that's not " Because sky is high !!! " :D ) the reason is that you have the KK Bootloader which causes the problem ... as you know , first you need to flash a P601 firmware to get the new bootloader ( Extremely Important Note !!!! ... Do not even think of ( :eek: ) ticking the " Update bootloader " in the Odin which makes you blame your self later ... !!!! :p the lollipop boot loader is installed by it self ... just do nothing about it ...) try if it get's installed that way ... also take a look at this ... maybe you find it useful ( to convert the P602 to P601 !!! ) Note that I haven't tried it on Lollipop CM or some other ROMs so make a backup first !!! ... If you couldn't install the Odin way , there are other apps and if they failed , then find the Multi-file version of P600 / P601 Lollipop ROM to flash the bootloader part directly ... Good luck :good:

Last edited:

agesilaus

Jan 27, 2010
I have restored my device which is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 edition 2014 by using the settings>restore method. However, the screen is not going on, staying constant as i showed with photo below. I have opened the case of tablet, i have extracted the battery, and connected it again. No way, it does not continue, stays as constant like the photo. Is there anyone who can provide a solution?
Best

IMG_6327.jpg

xantbubus

Dec 21, 2013
Hello All, much worse happened to me: after 8 years of resistance I figured 4.2 is way too old so went for the stock update on the device. It was downloading for too long, stopped 3 times during the process. I guess it is when it got damaged as the above nice samsung logo got stuck after reboot. When I tried to boot to recovery it does the flashing again (definition of insane - doing the same expect different result) and that's all hangs in the air again. (Exactly as it is shown above on the picture - waited until the tabled discharged.)
I could boot to download but the latest odin doesn't like the stock image (hoping it is that, if anyone has a safe copy a share would be appreciated).
One more info the machine is badly overheating, ADB connects, but says device is not authorised and I can't remember if I had any PC enabled for the device would be still alive...

Many thanks for any hints.

xantbubus

Dec 21, 2013
@xantbubus for that old firmware I'd take Odin 3.09.
Using the multiple file firmware is safer.
You don't say which device exactly.
Which region?
Hello, thank you so much, apologies, it is sm-p602, the region is Turkey (althugh I live in Hungary but it was bought there).
Do you have a link for split firmware? They say even sm-p601 is working perfectly only the restriction on the call is lifted...

xantbubus

Dec 21, 2013
@xantbubus if sammobile, samfrew or others don't let you have them, use SamFirm_Reborn_0.3.6.3 which will definitely give you multiple files (if settings are correct ;)).
Thanks, google was not really my friend on this. Btw, I resolved the issue. Unfortunately I needed to clean the data partition but after that it worked. I guess the 3.09 odin also played part as earlier it was trying to reflash instead of going to recovery so thank you all!

Thanks, google was not really my friend on this. Btw, I resolved the issue. Unfortunately I needed to clean the data partition but after that it worked. I guess the 3.09 odin also played part as earlier it was trying to reflash instead of going to recovery so thank you all!
Glad I could help.
Now you're entitled to hit "like" 😉

Reactions: xantbubus

Top Liked Posts