Is it possible to change CSC?

Search This thread

Bukaro

Mar 4, 2013
Hello,
I bought a Galaxy S10E SM-G970F in Germany in 2019 and I am using a German sim provider. However my phone has OXM CSC and shows as TPH (portuguese). That means eg. I cant use Samsung Pay in Germany. Does someone know a way to change my CSC to DBT? Thanks in advance

Hello,
I bought a Galaxy S10E SM-G970F in Germany in 2019 and I am using a German sim provider. However my phone has OXM CSC and shows as TPH (portuguese). That means eg. I cant use Samsung Pay in Germany. Does someone know a way to change my CSC to DBT? Thanks in advance

1.install google phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer&hl=tr&gl=US

2.enter code: *#*#27262826#*#*
Select if the csc you're looking for.
3.choose the csc you want
4.install
5.sales netword code change
6.ok
7. ATTENTİON!! will be reset to factory settings!
get a backup.

if not:
download multi csc (thailand or turkey and so on) from here, flash it with odin.
After flashing with Odin, install normal csc file, don't use home csc!
the device will be reset. Once it opens, try the above steps again
AT YOUR OWN RİSK!

Bukaro

Mar 4, 2013
1.install google phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer&hl=tr&gl=US

4.install
6.ok
get a backup.

if not:
download multi csc (thailand or turkey and so on) from here, flash it with odin.
AT YOUR OWN RİSK!

Thanks, the first method worked fine

Reactions: kullanici32

navy3dfx

Dec 8, 2012
Hello!
Is there any way to change the CSC without resetting the phone? I used SamKEY on Android 10, but after my S10 got updated to Android 11 - it no longer works...

mujie

Jan 14, 2009
You can also update firmware by USB flashing without losing data. After flashing, Device will reboot into Recovery, just click Reboot, do not wipe/factory reset.

If you can remove the "userdata.img" from the AP file with 7zip it will also work with ODIN flashing.
1z3.jpg

Attachments

• 2z3.jpg
    2z3.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

xaweryp

Aug 3, 2020
If you can remove the "userdata.img" from the AP file with 7zip it will also work with ODIN flashing.
How to do this actually? When I try to delete the file in 7zip it clearly warns 'not implemented':
1612734143129.png

In addition it warns that there is some data after payload data (which means 7zip actually might not support the architve type):

1612734031102.png

I'm using the latest 19.00 version of 7zip. Any other hints to flash with Odin? Thx!

Last edited:

mujie

Jan 14, 2009
How to do this actually? When I try to delete the file in 7zip it clearly warns 'not implemented':
View attachment 5213363

In addition it warns that there is some data after payload data (which means 7zip actually might not support the architve type):

View attachment 5213361

I'm using the latest 19.00 version of 7zip. Any other hints to flash with Odin? Thx!

Follow instructions in this link

Ignore the hidden.img file, dont tamper with it. Just use the instructions to remove USERDATA.IMG and repack the firmware file with 7zip following those steps.

xaweryp

Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

thanks for a guide. Unfortunately this does not work for me (tried using both 7zip 19, and older/stable 16.04). Each time after repacking I get in Odin (3.14.4):
1613134059975.png

I beleve this is actually because of the payload data that's present in the original tar and mising after repacking.

Even for a testing purpose I just tried to extract and repack tar (without any changes) the error is there, sizes are different => thus payload is gone (might be it's just a md5 checksum after the end of archive):
1613134426395.png

mujie

Jan 14, 2009
Hi,

thanks for a guide. Unfortunately this does not work for me (tried using both 7zip 19, and older/stable 16.04). Each time after repacking I get in Odin (3.14.4):
View attachment 5219235

I beleve this is actually because of the payload data that's present in the original tar and mising after repacking.

Even for a testing purpose I just tried to extract and repack tar (without any changes) the error is there, sizes are different => thus payload is gone (might be it's just a md5 checksum after the end of archive):
View attachment 5219241

You could try to remove .MD5 from the file name and name it as XXXX.tar

Renaming the file to TAR extension will bypass the checksum analysis by Odin and it should flash normally.

Warning: If the file is still corrupt somehow you could softbrick your phone and will have to flash the full firmware file you downloaded to restore your device. Which will inevitably delete your data

Reactions: xaweryp

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
i bought a s10e about 4 weeks ago. on this device: SAOMC_SM-G970F_CKH_HTS_RR_007 HTS/HTS,HTS/HTS.
no idea how this came to germany. the goal: conversion to DBT, Magisk, TWRP and LOS.

first step: download Samfw.com_SM-G970F_DBT_G970FXXSEFUL1_fac.zip, the last Firmware DBT Android 11.
Samfw is one of more Server, use your own preferred.
the next firmware is with Android 12 (not need why LOS A 12 is beta avalaible).

next step: Odin flash AB, BL, CP, CSC from this FW(FUL1).
now Phone have DBT/DBT/,DBT/HTS.

this is STATE from Jan. 2022

it is important to have the FW on the PC.
for everything that is flashed afterwards and ends in error you can get
the phone running again with Odin flash firmware.
even a green-screen (don't be irritated - this is also the download-mode) is not possible.
Error_while_updating2.jpg

it took me 3..5 times to start all over again in next step.
next step is Magisk, TWRP and LOS. this is here OT and following as new HoTo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

4.install
    6.ok
    get a backup.

if not:
    AT YOUR OWN RİSK!

4.install
    6.ok
    get a backup.

if not:
    AT YOUR OWN RİSK!

Thanks, the first method worked fine
    Yepp, someone who own a g973 reports that it works. Should work on any device.
    No. CSC changing contains a factory reset.
    Hi,

View attachment 5219235

View attachment 5219241

You could try to remove .MD5 from the file name and name it as XXXX.tar

Renaming the file to TAR extension will bypass the checksum analysis by Odin and it should flash normally.

Warning: If the file is still corrupt somehow you could softbrick your phone and will have to flash the full firmware file you downloaded to restore your device. Which will inevitably delete your data