Question Is it possible to change the region of the Galaxy Watch 4?

Search This thread

SyphonFi

Sep 3, 2008
I just purchased a Galaxy Watch 4 in my country (Israel) and when setting it up I found out that it is a grey import with the country list being limited to a small group of Mid-South American Spanish speaking countries (Cuba, Colombia, Guatemala, etc.).

I understand this affects my ability to use Samsung Pay in my country. Would the region lock affect anything else in addition to this?
Also, Would it be possible to somehow change the region of the watch?

achjiremi

Nov 19, 2015
I have the same issue, purchased the watch in the UAE and it region-locked to south american countries.

my CSC is : R880OXM1BUI5

jtOttawa

Oct 27, 2013
Ottawa
yes my bad. I have SM-R880NZSALTA => so LTA country code ?
I see now where you got that first CSC, as I just ran that code in my dialer and that's what came up as well - but you're right, the CSC should be the last three letters of your model number (mine is XAC for example, for Canada) - but I don't see LTA on the CSC list, so the mystery deepens. What country did you buy your watch in?

achjiremi

Nov 19, 2015
I bought it in the UAE but the seller didn't send a local version even though he was advertising so.
Same as @SyphonFi when setting up the watch it was only allowing me to choose between south-american countries.
So I end up with a watch that doesn't allow me to use google pay.
I was hoping to change the region easily, but it seems that it's not available yet from what I'm reading here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidylee
If you own an lte version, you can change the csc once using the imei code *#272*IMEI# and change to your desired csc once. But there's no returning back. I had CSC of INS and changed to SER where ECG, BP and S pay works. But the companion phone app is region locked, so no luck even changing the region, so I followed the modded version of health monitor from @Dante63 and used vpn to install g pay following - https://xdaforums.com/t/google-pay-...p-will-be-pre-installed.4325033/post-85581263

Reactions: Dante63

SRIRAM95RB

Dec 22, 2021
If you own an lte version, you can change the csc once using the imei code *#272*IMEI# and change to your desired csc once. But there's no returning back. I had CSC of INS and changed to SER where ECG, BP and S pay works. But the companion phone app is region locked, so no luck even changing the region, so I followed the modded version of health monitor from @Dante63 and used vpn to install g pay following - https://xdaforums.com/t/google-pay-...p-will-be-pre-installed.4325033/post-85581263
Thanks bro this works for me I changed to Russia CSC

Reactions: ksbalajee

SRIRAM95RB

Dec 22, 2021
Hello. can you describe step by step what to do after you enter the code
Sure
Note* This method can be done if it is LTE varient
Step 1: your watch dial pad enter the following
*#272*IMEI# ( enter IMEI number of your watch)

Step 2 : Select the region code or Russia (SER)
And select the option install (the watch will reset and reboot automatically)

Step 3 : pair with Mobile again and install the samsung pay plugin in your mobile

Step 4: open samsung pay in your watch and follow the steps it will prompt to mobile to add the card

I'm in India after doing these steps even LTE works fine and I get samsung pay too

I have attached the samsung pay watch plug-in for the mobile

Attachments

• Samsung Pay Watch Plug in_v2.6.88.20006_apkpure.com.apk
    39.3 MB · Views: 870
Sure

Step 3 : pair with Mobile again and install the samsung pay plugin in your mobile

Step 4: open samsung pay in your watch and follow the steps it will prompt to mobile to add the card

I'm in India after doing these steps even LTE works fine and I get samsung pay too

If I type this code to show it on the video, can I just go back? vsmysle cancel the operation without selecting the region? video for the channel on youtube

SRIRAM95RB

Dec 22, 2021
If I type this code to show it on the video, can I just go back? vsmysle cancel the operation without selecting the region? video for the channel on youtube
No as of now you can't go back or change the CSC code again using this method this code works only once in a device.
But this is not permanent we can change it as of now we don't have the combination files once the combination files are available we can change it to any region and multiple times.

Reactions: avirendra
No as of now you can't go back or change the CSC code again using this method this code works only once in a device.
But this is not permanent we can change it as of now we don't have the combination files once the combination files are available we can change it to any region and multiple times.
can i choose my region, which i have now ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only as info.

Meawhile confirmed by more then me userS...

It is possible to change active CSC
    WITHOUT Root
    WITHOUT Combination Firmware
    WITHOUT soldered wires... aka USB cable

Latest confirmed Firmware Version is GVK6 (SM-R875F) LTE

So IMHO GVK7 should also work...

You can go in every direction you want... more then 1 time... you can test every CSC inside your Firmware...

It is based on this Exploit trick to bring system user... system shell...

No idea how long Samsung need to fix this... I think not so fast with AWA3 Firmware...

If you are able to use ADB... then IMHO not impossible...

Its not perfect How to... but tiny beginning...

If I can help... then I will try to help...

Only as info...

Should work also on GW5 including AWA3 Firmware Version...

Best Regards
    I changed my country on my non LTE version Samsung Watch 4 Classic .

This is what I did ( using the tools provided on this forum) :

I first followed the steps in this video ( I had to do this in order for my BP & ECG to work) - https://xdaforums.com/t/restriction...estriction-removed-19th-january-2022.4322527/

Then followed the steps below to change country ( worked 100%) :

Steps on phone :
    • open Samsung Health app
    • click on the "3 dots" in right hand top corner
    • click on "settings"
    • click on " about Samsung health"
    • click on "set features"
    • click on "common"
    • change "CSC Country code" to (whatever you want)
    • close
    • Force STOP "Samsung Health app" - via phone settings / Apps
    • reopen "Samsung Health app"
    • country changed
    I just purchased a Galaxy Watch 4 in my country (Israel) and when setting it up I found out that it is a grey import with the country list being limited to a small group of Mid-South American Spanish speaking countries (Cuba, Colombia, Guatemala, etc.).

I understand this affects my ability to use Samsung Pay in my country. Would the region lock affect anything else in addition to this?
    Also, Would it be possible to somehow change the region of the watch?
    Hello,

I have exactly the same problem,

Do you have a solution ?
    Oh my gosh, me too. There's gotta be someone that knows how to change CSC 🙏
    Hello. can you describe step by step what to do after you enter the code
    Sure