• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is it possible to change the type (name) of the phone from K40 to Poco F3 on Xiaomi.EU rom?

Search This thread

minikahona

Dec 3, 2009
So I tried out the Xiaomi.eu rom, and it bugs me, that now my Poco F3 is called Redmi K40. For example when I connect the phone to my pc it shows up as Redmi K40. I know its not a big deal, but it bugs me :D Is there a way to change it? I know you can change the device name, but it will only change like the bluetooth name of it. I want the whole phone to be called Poco F3.

Reactions: Robert314

shodibre

Jan 12, 2013
REBRANDING IS VERY RISKY
The chance of a bricked device is large.

You don't need to rebrand to do what you want (you just need to modify the build.prop file):
root your device (unlock bootloader, flash TWRP and then flash magisk). Then you can use a build.prop editor and edit ro.prop.device or something similar
Which lines do i need to change so it looks like S21 ultra ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I tried out the Xiaomi.eu rom, and it bugs me, that now my Poco F3 is called Redmi K40. For example when I connect the phone to my pc it shows up as Redmi K40. I know its not a big deal, but it bugs me :D Is there a way to change it? I know you can change the device name, but it will only change like the bluetooth name of it. I want the whole phone to be called Poco F3.