Is it possible to connect 2 batteries and use as one?

Search This thread

veritvitos

Dec 28, 2021
I've got two original Samsung note 5 batts. They currently have 2300maH and 2800mah capacity left.
I searched online for this, I only found here in xda a threat, someone said that if batts are same model and parameters connecting them might work....
Please comment

veritvitos

Dec 28, 2021
what will happen if I connect battery for another model of samsung, something like 5000maH? (assuming, the batt. has same voltages..and parameters)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
what will happen if I connect battery for another model of samsung, something like 5000maH? (assuming, the batt. has same voltages..and parameters)
It will probably charge normally as I believe the charging is voltage based. Whether the battery thermal sensor will work correctly is another concern. That is important as it helps set charging rate and the under/over temperature behavior of the controller. It may take longer to fast charge as the power controller circuit may not be able to sink that much current.

Last edited:
Reactions: veritvitos

veritvitos

Dec 28, 2021
It will probably charge normally as I believe the charging is voltage based. Whether the battery thermal sensor will work correctly is another concern. That is important as it helps set charging rate and the under/over temperature behavior of the controller. It may take longer to fast charge as the power controller circuit may not be able to sink that much current.
ok, thanka for the information👍.I could go deeper to check if a script could make custom-management of th. sensor ,based on diff. parameters of battery, but I even if it can, there would be other problems i guess; lost cause :)

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
ok, thanka for the information👍.I could go deeper to check if a script could make custom-management of th. sensor ,based on diff. parameters of battery, but I even if it can, there would be other problems i guess; lost cause :)
You're welcome.
People do create Frankenphones using huge batteries but they are awkward and more likely to be damaged in a drop. As glaxys graphically illustrated it's a crap shoot if it will go supernova on you. An optimized Samsung will generally get good SOT with the stock battery.

Reactions: veritvitos

Top Liked Posts