• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is it possible to convert a .IPA file to a .apk file by hand?

Search This thread

NinjAxXxRecoN

Oct 2, 2013
After getting Iron Man 3 on DVD, I saw that there's a JARVIS app for iOS, and I'm desperate to have something cool like that on my phone (you can easily see what phone I have at the bottom). I'm wondering if it's at all possible to turn an IPA file into an apk file NY hand, as in, open the IPA app in some sort of ipa development program on your computer, then recreate it in an apk development program on the same computer. It makes sense, since apps have to be developed (even if I have no idea how it's done... "IF"). If I'm crazy, tell me now and close the thread, but if I'm not, someone give me a little info on the matter so I can commission xboxexpert (I forget if that's how you spell his handle) to convert the IPA for me in his free time.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
chennai
No. You cannot just convert ipa into apk. But its more simple for you to get jarvis ;). Just search "JARVIS" in play store.

anurag.dev1512

Aug 8, 2013
Not possible to port ios apps to android

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO PORT IOS APPS TO ANDROID !!!!!!!!

* First resaon is that mainly android apps are built in java whereas ios apps are built in objective-C.
* Android apps run on DVM (Dalvik Virtual Machine ).

FEW TRICKS TO PORT

* If u have source code of ios app then you can use android ndk to port your ios app.
* Few third party sdk are available that directly ports ios apps to ios and ios to android.
But main pain in the neck is that it makes the app buggy and slow.
THIS is third party sdk to convert ios apps to android.
http://www.apportable.com/

Reactions: adarsh.cop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not possible to port ios apps to android

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO PORT IOS APPS TO ANDROID !!!!!!!!

* First resaon is that mainly android apps are built in java whereas ios apps are built in objective-C.
    * Android apps run on DVM (Dalvik Virtual Machine ).

FEW TRICKS TO PORT

* If u have source code of ios app then you can use android ndk to port your ios app.
    * Few third party sdk are available that directly ports ios apps to ios and ios to android.
    But main pain in the neck is that it makes the app buggy and slow.
    THIS is third party sdk to convert ios apps to android.
    http://www.apportable.com/