• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Is it possible to factory reset when recovery is corrupted?

Search This thread

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
I have an old P1XL that I believe may be hard bricked. It bootloops endlessly, and i can hold power+down to get into the boot menu, but when selecting reboot recovery it just tries to do a system boot and bootloops. If I try to connect it to my PC in the boot menu, it isn't detected by ADB. I've tried different ports, different cables, and Windows makes the device notification when it's plugged in but it won't detect it in ADB.

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
Is fastboot mode the menu with start, bootloader, recovery etc? Yes, I can get there but selecting bootloader just reloads that menu and ADB is not detecting the device while in this mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is fastboot mode the menu with start, bootloader, recovery etc? Yes, I can get there but selecting bootloader just reloads that menu and ADB is not detecting the device while in this mode.
    Dang. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone comes along and will know more than me....
    Good luck though:)