Is it possible to install a custom ROM to my Redmi Note 9?

Search This thread

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I found a tool called MediatekBootloaderUnlock. With that I was able to unlock the Bootloader and now I have flashed the phone. Of course I got to the same point where I need the MI account.

Is there any step by step instructions to install the custom ROM?
You first need to have TWRP installed.

To do this read my instructions
1. go into fastboot, put your TWRP.img and vbmeta.img into c drive not under any folder
2. execute
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta C:\vbmeta.img
3. execute
Code:
fastboot flash recovery C:\TWRP.img

Downloads:

For TWRP.img

For vbmeta.img
first download this
Choose the type “Fastboot” to download
then extract it and find the vbmeta.img under the “images” folder

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
After done this, you should be in TWRP.
1. swipe to allow modifications
2. wipe date, then factory reset
3. connect phone to pc, download and transfer this rom to your phone
4. install, then select your rom zip
5. swipe to flash
6. reboot, uncheck both “install twrp app” and “install twrp app as system app”
7. wish you good luck

ARHG

May 17, 2022
Thanks for the help. I am downloading what you told me and I will go through the process step by step according to your instructions.

ARHG

May 17, 2022
I´m trying to execute this command: fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta C:\vbmeta.img, but I'm getting this error message: fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity. Can you help me?

ARHG

May 17, 2022
I managed to get the command to work. You are already installing the ROM. I'll tell you later how it goes.

ARHG

May 17, 2022
Hi. My Note 9 is working now. No more MI account troubles. Thank you for all your support.

I am testing my phone with the new custom ROM and everything is fine. Some slight lag when scrolling through google news or youtube, but none of that is a big deal. The only thing I didn't like was the camera app. The shutter is too slow and I can't set the pixel resolution when taking pictures. It also doesn't give me many configuration options in video. In general, it does not allow much configuration. I have already tried with Google Cam, GCam, Cam Go and ANXCamera, but in general they have the same limitations. It doesn't make sense that the phone has 4 sensors and they can't be used. Is there an application for the camera that allows me to have more control over the configuration and use the 4 sensors? Better if it is a free app.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hi. My Note 9 is working now. No more MI account troubles. Thank you for all your support.

I am testing my phone with the new custom ROM and everything is fine. Some slight lag when scrolling through google news or youtube, but none of that is a big deal. The only thing I didn't like was the camera app. The shutter is too slow and I can't set the pixel resolution when taking pictures. It also doesn't give me many configuration options in video. In general, it does not allow much configuration. I have already tried with Google Cam, GCam, Cam Go and ANXCamera, but in general they have the same limitations. It doesn't make sense that the phone has 4 sensors and they can't be used. Is there an application for the camera that allows me to have more control over the configuration and use the 4 sensors? Better if it is a free app.
Hi! Glad you got your phone working.

Maybe try this xiaomi camera port? But it is a little bit old, so I am not sure will it work now.

(Yeah, I don’t think using this port now is a good idea given it’s age. It most likely will not support a high resolution.)

There are other more recent camera apps ports you can try, like this oneplus camera port:

I am 99.9 percent sure that they still have the same problem, but that’s what I found😅 sorry

Last edited:

ARHG

May 17, 2022
I finally managed to install ANX Camera on my Redmi Note 9. At the moment it is working fine. And I consider that a little better than GCam. Of course I am not an expert in photography and I am just venturing into the Custom ROMS, so it may be that my perception of ANX Camera is not the most objective and expert. But it works and it is supposed that with ANX Camera I can use the 4 sensors and the 48 mpx.

Reactions: LR7875

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I finally managed to install ANX Camera on my Redmi Note 9. At the moment it is working fine. And I consider that a little better than GCam. Of course I am not an expert in photography and I am just venturing into the Custom ROMS, so it may be that my perception of ANX Camera is not the most objective and expert. But it works and it is supposed that with ANX Camera I can use the 4 sensors and the 48 mpx.
Glad you found a good one! I am not suprised by that as ANX camera is meant to based on miui camera so it should be more optimised for xiaomi phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First thing you have on reboot
    3.jpg
    Sorry, this is the translation: What shows next to the logo is the text dm-verity corruption. What does that mean?
    the filesystem has been corrupted.
    Where do you see that?
    Look at post #6 you should see the padlock.
    That's what's important.