Is it possible to install a gsi without custom recovery.

Search This thread

afrojanoon

Dec 31, 2019
Samsung Galaxy F22

BrotherBoard

Apr 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A10
I have a10s with no custom recovery but a rooted kernel. Would it be possible to flash gsi via download mode?
Yes. Use fastboot.
Here is what to do.
You may find these files. If the file I typed not in your gsi zip file... Skip it.
Ok so download a program called minimum adv and fastboot. And install it. It's about 5mb ig. Then open it.switch your galaxy a10s to fastboot mode [bootloader] [download mode] they are the same.
To do this switch the a10s off. Then hold both volume up and down buttons. Then keep holding them and connect USB. From PC to mobile. Keep holding both volume buttons untill it prompts you to go to download mode. You gotta unlock bootloader but I guess you already unlocked it so go to download mode and follow these instructions.
You may find system.img
Do this command in adv thing in PC

fastboot flash system LOCATION://OF/YOUR/SYSTEM.IMG

you may find vbmeta.img

fastboot flash vbmeta LOCATION://OF/YOUR/VBMETA.IMG

both of these guys are in the gsi zip coming form google.
Good luck

Linusrg1

Dec 19, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S9
Yes. Use fastboot.
Here is what to do.
You may find these files. If the file I typed not in your gsi zip file... Skip it.
Ok so download a program called minimum adv and fastboot. And install it. It's about 5mb ig. Then open it.switch your galaxy a10s to fastboot mode [bootloader] [download mode] they are the same.
To do this switch the a10s off. Then hold both volume up and down buttons. Then keep holding them and connect USB. From PC to mobile. Keep holding both volume buttons untill it prompts you to go to download mode. You gotta unlock bootloader but I guess you already unlocked it so go to download mode and follow these instructions.
You may find system.img
Do this command in adv thing in PC

fastboot flash system LOCATION://OF/YOUR/SYSTEM.IMG

you may find vbmeta.img

fastboot flash vbmeta LOCATION://OF/YOUR/VBMETA.IMG

both of these guys are in the gsi zip coming form google.
Good luck
Samsungs dont have fastboot sadly.