• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is it possible to install Google services on CHINESE variant?

Search This thread

hyperX-

Apr 6, 2011
Hello,
come on ! it is really not needed to pay this Guy 50 $ for GMS !
Since we know long time ago that on every Huawei device from China you can have working GMS with some exceptions...
I have the Honor Magic 3 Pro, and it´s working with the "Ice Box" Methode incl. Notifications, working GMAIL,... Google Password-manager (Autofill)
Only thing that issn´t working ist Google-Chrome login and GPAY stuff...

asyazra

Oct 30, 2021
Merhaba,
Hadi ! Bu Guy'a GMS için 50$ ödemeye gerçekten gerek yok!
Çin'den gelen her Huawei cihazında bazı istisnalar dışında çalışan GMS'ye sahip olabileceğinizi uzun zaman önce bildiğimizden beri...
Honor Magic 3 Pro'ya sahibim ve "Ice Box" Metodu ile birlikte çalışıyor. Bildirimler, çalışan GMAIL,... Google Şifre yöneticisi (Otomatik Doldurma)
Çalışmayan tek şey Google-Chrome girişi ve GPAY bilgileri...
bana nasıl yardım edersin

gattobau

Jan 17, 2011
Very easy to install, 50$ for doing this is really too much.

There are a lot of guide on YouTube.. Just search icebox Huawei..

npv76

Oct 25, 2011
Hello,
come on ! it is really not needed to pay this Guy 50 $ for GMS !
Since we know long time ago that on every Huawei device from China you can have working GMS with some exceptions...
I have the Honor Magic 3 Pro, and it´s working with the "Ice Box" Methode incl. Notifications, working GMAIL,... Google Password-manager (Autofill)
Only thing that issn´t working ist Google-Chrome login and GPAY stuff...
Can I link to the instructions? There are many instructions, few working. I don't want to waste time

Reactions: asyazra

AxomiaHoiMoi

Dec 1, 2021
Well, I've already I got the Chinese version of honor magic 3 Pro, and successfully installed gms.
I followed a youtube video, steps same as on installing on mate 40 pro.
However main thing is
Always factory reset before following the steps or there's high chance you'll fail.

However there's few apps that still fail to work due to older version of play services, and yeah app notifications fail in many cases, u'll need to follow more steps for that.

Last edited:

gattobau

Jan 17, 2011
@AxomiaHoiMoi @hyperX-
I don t know why with another honor magic 3 pro plus it recongise usb drive, but backup can't be loaded (seems to be no backup file on usb drive, but there are)

Any hint?

Last edited:

hyperX-

Apr 6, 2011
You can put the folders manually on System drive.
Also you can use Googlfier until a specified point.
After that, you use the iceBox methode.

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
How are you finding the Honor magic 3 Pro plus?.
I want one but hardly any real life reviews?
GMS Isn't must for me as I used to have a mate 40 Pro but the lack of Ois on the main camera annoyed me
Pm me. I can try to help you get one from China. Best if you message me on telegram. Also I made a review on YouTube (my channel is Mark Victorson), it's in Russian but I meticulously add English captions to most of my videos.

ViccoCJ2373

Dec 25, 2021
Seguí todos los pasos pero enfrenté lo siguiente: (Magic 3 pro plus - variante china

- No se pudieron eliminar los servicios de Google Play porque no había un botón "Desinstalar", sino "deshabilitar". Entonces, usé adb para eliminarlo. Hizo el reinicio pero no pudo reinstalar el archivo no. 8 (servicios de Google Play) ya que me da un mensaje de error de que necesita una biblioteca compartida. no encontré ninguna solución a esto. Si alguien que pueda ayudar con esto
Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, he reiniciado muchas veces pero no deja volver a instalar. Alguna ayuda será de gran ayuda !!

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, he reiniciado muchas veces pero no deja volver a instalar. Alguna ayuda será de gran ayuda !!
there's a guy from Hong Kong, you can find his contacts on youtube and facebook, he's installing google services on chinese phones, let him connect to your computer/phone remotely and he will do it for $50

AxomiaHoiMoi

Dec 1, 2021
@AxomiaHoiMoi @hyperX-
I don t know why with another honor magic 3 pro plus it recongise usb drive, but backup can't be loaded (seems to be no backup file on usb drive, but there are)

Any hint?

I didn't exactly understand what you meant, but, I after doing same thing multiple times, I realised, its easy to install the backup by putting it in external drive then recovering from external drive, instead of waiting for recover from internal drive to show.

Also factory reset is recommended, because otherwise you get the problem where Google services cannot be u installed and only disabled.

And yeah please never try to update services /play store to new version.

I'll have a nightmare repairing it again, of its all easy if u wanna reset the device and lose all data.

Yeah here's the youtube video i followed.

Also the description of this video has the method to remove the annoying play protect notification.

Reactions: ViccoCJ2373

AxomiaHoiMoi

Dec 1, 2021
Btw if anyone discovers a method to get notifications from apps without disabling gsf, do post here.

Also in few apps I get error of play services are updating, any solution?

gattobau

Jan 17, 2011
I didn't exactly understand what you meant, but, I after doing same thing multiple times, I realised, its easy to install the backup by putting it in external drive then recovering from external drive, instead of waiting for recover from internal drive to show.

Also factory reset is recommended, because otherwise you get the problem where Google services cannot be u installed and only disabled.

I'll have a nightmare repairing it again, of its all easy if u wanna reset the device and lose all data.

Also the description of this video has the method to remove the annoying play protect notification.
The problem is that when I insert the usb with the backup, when I go to look for the backup from the phone, it doesn't see anything.

It is as if the USB is empty.

I tried to format it in ntfs, fat, fat32 and exfat as well. Always usual problem. Also tried with other USB memories but always the same problem

AxomiaHoiMoi

Dec 1, 2021
The problem is that when I insert the usb with the backup, when I go to look for the backup from the phone, it doesn't see anything.

It is as if the USB is empty.

I tried to format it in ntfs, fat, fat32 and exfat as well. Always usual problem. Also tried with other USB memories but always the same problem
I've never faced that problem, are you sure u've placed the extracted backup folder 'Huawei' folder directly into the root of usb drive? And have you changed the date to before July 2019?

gattobau

Jan 17, 2011
I've never faced that problem, are you sure u've placed the extracted backup folder 'Huawei' folder directly into the root of usb drive? And have you changed the date to before July 2019?
After some try I have installed gms, but I can t freeze notifications problem from Google

I tried to use icebox, but when I launch the command through adb, I recive "permission denied"

AxomiaHoiMoi

Dec 1, 2021
After some try I have installed gms, but I can t freeze notifications problem from Google

I tried to use icebox, but when I launch the command through adb, I recive "permission denied"
Ohh, I haven't tried this freezing notification, but you can disable play protect notification.
By following this video

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @AxomiaHoiMoi @hyperX-

Any hint?

Easiest way to disable GSF for notification enable is to use multi tool 8 for Huawei /Honor and disable or debloat any services or app you want. Works very well. For some reason, recently i have started getting permissions denied message on icebx
    i am able to install the GMS on HONOR Magic Pro+, everything works perfectly fine. used icebox to disable GSF, however, with disable Or without disabling, Maps integration with others apps arenot working. it keeps on saying, GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES ARE UPDATING , any idea how to fix this? i have tried many method, i feel it has something to do with Android 11 , Magic UI 5. if someone fixed it , please help
    I think u'll get a lot of answers to your problems right here

Tbh, it seems that, gms on magic 3 Pro is more stable than on Huawei p40/p50.

I would like to try all these methods out there only if I wasn't a medical student with no time on hand, and
    Yeah I'm using this device as a daily driver, so I can't Break it everyday and factory reset like it's nothing. 😁
    Yea i know i called up Honor UK to see if there was a release date for Europe and they said currently there isn't. The guy was quiet open and said there is an update coming for magic 3 going to android 12 but was unsure if the grey imports will have the update or have google services on there.

He also said they are not sure if honor will release the magic V for Europe or if they will leave it as a release for china. I personally think they are losing out on sales anyway, I have a huawei p30 pro and I thought I would look to honor as it now has google, but there doesn't seem to be any flagships ready to be released yet in Europe. I thought the Magic 3 pro should have come out now already,
    Hi, I managed to install GMS on my Magic3 Pro+ (Chinese variant).
    Since Magic UI is very similar to EMUI, LZplay method still works.
    Notifications via FCM also work. After successful installation of GMS, I disabled GSF to achieve it.
    I did a factory reset and followed the steps from the start.
    The same issue (can't install 08.GMS) happens here, I'm looking into this.
    I'll inform you if there's any progress.
    Magic UI version may be affecting...
    screenshots please.
    i've tried everything i could, every single instruction i found online. nothing worked.
    steps, links to the APKs here will be extremely welcome.

otherwise your post is more of boasting than helping the community.

nothing personal!
    Which screenshot do you want?
    I'm very new to this community, I'm not familiar with the rules in this community yet.
    If my post sounded like a boast, it is not what I intended.

This method worked for me:

if you can't uninstall Google Play Services, try uninstalling via adb:

Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gms

you may be required to restart your device after executing the command above if you can't install another Google Play Services.
    Hi friends!!! Same with me. That man really made excellent job! My Pro Plus now working perfectly (in my case GDrive working!). He spend around 3 hours (i am in China now and he need to work with VPN - sometimes it is too slow and we need to start again from 0).
    https://www.facebook.com/renzdagztv/
    So, he very professional in this questions and very nice men. Highly recommended ! 50$ by paypal - in my mind for this job ok.
    (as i understood in this week already 7 phones done by him. He have a lot of videos on YouTube about GMS - just put 'renz dagz tv' in search on YouTube).
    If you go to the Website of Trinity Electronics in Hong Kong they got Google running on the Chinese variant of the Honor Magic 3 pro plus but I don't know how they did it. I have been trying to figure that out. Most of the reviews I have seen have said that when the global variant is released there will be some update that will allow Google Services to be loaded onto the Chinese variant or I guess you could just flash the Global Rom but I still don't see a date for the global release. I would like to figure out how Trinity did it though.

Huh, that's very interesting, thanks for the information.
    I wish Honor would just release these phones globally already... Or at least make an announcement regarding the release date.