Question Is it possible to install Google services on CHINESE variant?

Search This thread

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
So the Magic3 series is already available on sites like giztop, however in the description it always says "No Google play services". What does this mean exactly? From my experience, Chinese models of phones like Oppo or Vivo DO have GMS pre-installed, you just have to install the Play Store apk... No idea if it's the same with Honor here. I don't want to order the Magic3 Pro just to find out it's like a Huawei phone with no possibility of sideloading Google play services.
Does anyone know more on this subject? Thanks.

Reactions: offmenozzi

partyonppl

Aug 27, 2021
There is no GMS pre-installed on the Honor Magic 3 series. I've tried many different ways of installing GMS with HW account, Googlfier, manual framework installation, also Ourplay virtual space apps (even this doesn't work as it indicates phone does not have Google Device ID registered), and none works. One main reason that the manual installation of the framework apps don't work is that when all apps have been installed and needs to process the steps to uninstall Google Play Services to be able to install another version, there is no UNINSTALL button in the Apps page (only DISABLE & FORCE STOP) unlike Huawei Mate 40 series where this works. As of now, I haven't found a working process for the installation. For your reference.

Reactions: jericho246

partyonppl

Aug 27, 2021
So the Magic3 series is already available on sites like giztop, however in the description it always says "No Google play services". What does this mean exactly? From my experience, Chinese models of phones like Oppo or Vivo DO have GMS pre-installed, you just have to install the Play Store apk... No idea if it's the same with Honor here. I don't want to order the Magic3 Pro just to find out it's like a Huawei phone with no possibility of sideloading Google play services.
Btw, from my experience, Huawei Mate 40 EMUI11 can have working GMS installed but the process is just a bit tedious. But at least it works, Honor on the other hand has (from current available sideload installation workarounds) does not have any way to install GMS... yet.

unix2208

Jul 9, 2007
I don't have the device yet, but I will order it. It's cheaper in Asia, so I don't want to spend the 1500 euros. Unfortunately, I don't know the Magic UI. what about the bootloader?

Huawei closed the boot loader program in 2018. Now I wonder what about Honor and the bootloader? But I think it will be possible soon .. to install GMS. I can only recommend the APP "Gspace" for the transition.

it almost feels like GMS Nativ has been installed. At huawei it took a while to find a solution, but I think we will get a comparable goggle for Honor with Android 11 at some point. But of course it depends on whether enough people want to buy the device.

Unfortunately I couldn't see in the developer options whether the bootloader can be unlocked or not ???? But I can at least say one thing about Huawei, all devices that received Harmony directly, i.e. never had an EMUI. there is no installation of GMS at the moment. But with Harmony the problem is that it is basically still Android 10 and not 11. So the GSF cannot be used

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
dumb question..is honor completely banned from google as well, or will the global version have it preinstalled?

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
dumb question..is honor completely banned from google as well, or will the global version have it preinstalled?

The global version, when it comes out, will have Google services. Already been confirmed. Honor became independent from Huawei so they can use Google Play services once again.

Reactions: tensux

vpoppo

Aug 15, 2020
If you go to the Website of Trinity Electronics in Hong Kong they got Google running on the Chinese variant of the Honor Magic 3 pro plus but I don't know how they did it. I have been trying to figure that out. Most of the reviews I have seen have said that when the global variant is released there will be some update that will allow Google Services to be loaded onto the Chinese variant or I guess you could just flash the Global Rom but I still don't see a date for the global release. I would like to figure out how Trinity did it though.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
If you go to the Website of Trinity Electronics in Hong Kong they got Google running on the Chinese variant of the Honor Magic 3 pro plus but I don't know how they did it. I have been trying to figure that out. Most of the reviews I have seen have said that when the global variant is released there will be some update that will allow Google Services to be loaded onto the Chinese variant or I guess you could just flash the Global Rom but I still don't see a date for the global release. I would like to figure out how Trinity did it though.

Huh, that's very interesting, thanks for the information.
I wish Honor would just release these phones globally already... Or at least make an announcement regarding the release date.

Kx111

Sep 13, 2021
I got Magic 3 pro+ chinese version with Huawei services, any chances for me to install Google services?? i tried Gspace and it worked but i want full google services in the phone with an emulator.

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I wish Honor would just release these phones globally already... Or at least make an announcement regarding the release date.
edit: every seller on ebay admitted that the devices they were selling did not have google on it, crazy misleading descriptions

Last edited:

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya
Hi, I managed to install GMS on my Magic3 Pro+ (Chinese variant).
Since Magic UI is very similar to EMUI, LZplay method still works.
Notifications via FCM also work. After successful installation of GMS, I disabled GSF to achieve it.
screenshots please.
i've tried everything i could, every single instruction i found online. nothing worked.
steps, links to the APKs here will be extremely welcome.

otherwise your post is more of boasting than helping the community.

nothing personal!

ch11sama

Sep 15, 2021
screenshots please.
i've tried everything i could, every single instruction i found online. nothing worked.

nothing personal!
Which screenshot do you want?
I'm very new to this community, I'm not familiar with the rules in this community yet.
If my post sounded like a boast, it is not what I intended.

This method worked for me:

if you can't uninstall Google Play Services, try uninstalling via adb:

Code:
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gms

you may be required to restart your device after executing the command above if you can't install another Google Play Services.

Last edited:

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I'm very new to this community, I'm not familiar with the rules in this community yet.
If you sounded my post boasting, it is not what I intended.

Code:
adb shell pm uninstall com.google.android.gms

you may be required to restart your device after executing the command above if you can't install another Google Play Services.
nice, i wish i had the nerve to order a P50 pro and try this

saved-j

Mar 13, 2015
Sanya

Code:

You did a fantastic job, now everyone will be able to repeat exactly same steps with you. I'll try next week when I get my hands on the device again, too.

jalkaabi

Sep 20, 2021

Code:

I followed all the steps but faced the following: (Magic 3 pro plus - Chinese variant

- Couldn't remove Google Play Services as there was no "Uninstall" button, instead there was "disable". So, I used adb to remove it. Did the restart but couldn't reinstall file no. 8 (google play services ) as it gives me an error message that it needs a shared library. didn't find any solution to this. If anyone who can help regarding this

ch11sama

Sep 15, 2021
I followed all the steps but faced the following: (Magic 3 pro plus - Chinese variant

- Couldn't remove Google Play Services as there was no "Uninstall" button, instead there was "disable". So, I used adb to remove it. Did the restart but couldn't reinstall file no. 8 (google play services ) as it gives me an error message that it needs a shared library. didn't find any solution to this. If anyone who can help regarding this
- install old GMS again,
- uninstall old GMS using adb,
- try installing new GMS (No. 08)
- if you can't install new GMS (saying "need a shared library" or "newer version is already installed"), restart your device,

You may have to do it several times.

As written in the article I referred to, this method is not stable.
When I have spare time, will do a factory reset, and retry installing GMS.

Last edited:

jalkaabi

Sep 20, 2021
- install old GMS again,
- uninstall old GMS using adb,
- if you can't install new GMS (saying "need a shared library" or "newer version is already installed"), restart your device,

You may have to do it several times.

As written in the article I referred to, this method is not stable.
When I have spare time, will do a factory reset, and retry installing GMS.
Still no hope. Now stuck with not being able to install either old GMS or the new one. Did that several times and I ended in with the same senario. will keep trying

Reactions: ch11sama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I managed to install GMS on my Magic3 Pro+ (Chinese variant).
    Since Magic UI is very similar to EMUI, LZplay method still works.
    Notifications via FCM also work. After successful installation of GMS, I disabled GSF to achieve it.
    I did a factory reset and followed the steps from the start.
    The same issue (can't install 08.GMS) happens here, I'm looking into this.
    I'll inform you if there's any progress.
    Magic UI version may be affecting...
    screenshots please.

nothing personal!

Code:
    adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.gms