Question Is it possible to lower the brightness of the charging LED?

Search This thread

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
That's weird. My xqbc62-v notification LED is dim and has a narrow viewing angle. I can only see it at night.

I think there are multiple hardware revisions of this phone. My first phone was purple and crashed constantly. I returned it and bought a new one later. It's purple, but so dark that it looks back except under direct sun.

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
I see what you mean now. The BC62 notification LED used to track ambient light and it was always relatively dim. Starting with the Android 12 update, it's max brightness all the time. It's annoying at night.

q173242

Mar 31, 2009
Regensburg
Yep I can confirm that the LED is much brighter after A12 update. I charge the phone wirelessly at night beside my bed so putting it face-down is not an option. ;-)

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
What I have found to work is completely unscientific but works every time for me. I use a cable so not sure if it will do the same for wireless. After I plug it in I too notice that the LED is too bright. So I wait a minute or more and unlock the phone with my fingerprint (while the charging cable is still plugged in) and then double tap the screen to relock the phone. I use Nova Prime as my launcher which allows me to double tap to lock. Usually doing this makes the LED dim down considerably. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times but it always ends up working. YMMV

Top Liked Posts