Is it possible to merge old chats with current chats of the same WhatsApp account across different devices?

Davis642

Feb 22, 2021
I have two devices, the phone im currently using which is my primary WhatsApp device and an older device which hasn't connected to the internet for nearly 2 years and has the older version of WhatsApp in it with chats from 2 years ago. Is there any way I can merge these older chats into the WhatsApp of my current phone. I really want to switch on the internet in my older device but I'm too scared if the new chat would load resetting the older chats or something like that :(

AceNik

Jan 1, 2011
I have two devices, the phone im currently using which is my primary WhatsApp device and an older device which hasn't connected to the internet for nearly 2 years and has the older version of WhatsApp in it with chats from 2 years ago. Is there any way I can merge these older chats into the WhatsApp of my current phone. I really want to switch on the internet in my older device but I'm too scared if the new chat would load resetting the older chats or something like that :(

Might be an old thread but you can try this method specified on XDA

Davis642

Feb 22, 2021

Davis642

Feb 22, 2021
Might be an old thread but you can try this method specified on XDA
Would it work if I have overlapping chat histories between both the devices??

Davis642

Feb 22, 2021
Save all backups first
Doesn't hurt to give the merge and try that once to then see the same
If it doesn't work out restore to an old working backup
The guide strictly mentioning about not having overlapping chat histories is what I am concerned about