• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is it possible to move from Global to Europe?

Search This thread

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google
My Redmi 7A is a Global version (PCMMIXM) but I live in Europe and would like to change it to European version (PCMEUXM).
Is it possible, and if so what's the difference?

mais 14

Jun 15, 2018
My Redmi 7A is a Global version (PCMMIXM) but I live in Europe and would like to change it to European version (PCMEUXM).
Is it possible, and if so what's the difference?

You need unlocked bootloader.
Yes it is possible to change EU version download
Fastboot rom eu version and flash with mi flash tools
Download the same version .the difference
1(for working face unlock don't need change country
2) privacy and personal data.
First of all check arb protection if enabled.

Last edited:

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google
First of all check arb protection if enabled.
Thank you for the info.

Now my next question, if you don't mind:
I already own the phone so I can't do nothing about it, but I'm getting tired of all this forced protection "for my own good". I live in a free country and I'm not used to this kind of BS. :mad:
So, can I get rid of MIUI for good and start having full control on MY phone? this includes getting rid of google spyware as much as possible.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks again :)

Jazzda

Sep 18, 2019
Ask google
I just found e.foundation site. It seems to have all I need, absolutely ungoogled :cool:
They have a section in the forum to request new supported devices. I was the third to ask it for Redmi 7A.
Could it be of interest?
Before unlocking I'm studying possible choices to live without google/xiaomi spyware and crapware. :confused:

mais 14

Jun 15, 2018
I just found e.foundation site. It seems to have all I need, absolutely ungoogled :cool:
They have a section in the forum to request new supported devices. I was the third to ask it for Redmi 7A.
Could it be of interest?
Before unlocking I'm studying possible choices to live without google/xiaomi spyware and crapware. :confused:

Read on gsi costum frim forum here you can flash aosp vanilia rom without Google or xiaomi app or
Spyware.

redonepl

Jul 12, 2018

Famineuk

Jun 11, 2016
I don't know, and I will not try :eek:

I tried and it is fine you can install the fastboot eea rom and relock the bootloader if you phone is the global version. It is not the same as trying to install the china rom since the eea rom is essentially the global rom with the option to opt of personalised ads and some other privacy enhancements. It won't brick your phone (I am not talking about the xiaomi.eu roms which do need to have the bootloader permanently unlocked).