Is it possible to purchase root privileges

Search This thread

dcheck246

Mar 7, 2018
I need root access without failure to my Verizon Google pixel xl 1 ASAP. Is it possible for me to purchase a certificate/license from the manufacturer in order to get root privileges?

Reason being I cannot risk failure as I need to run a data recovery, to recover a large audio file that is to be used to clear someone who was coerced into taking a plea deal by a prosecutor.

The file is beyond important to our case and it seems Google removed the file in a "clear up space" task that was executed on it.

Everything we have read so far says root access is a must have in order to be able to recover deleted files.

sb1893

Apr 2, 2014
I need root access without failure to my Verizon Google pixel xl 1 ASAP. Is it possible for me to purchase a certificate/license from the manufacturer in order to get root privileges?

Reason being I cannot risk failure as I need to run a data recovery, to recover a large audio file that is to be used to clear someone who was coerced into taking a plea deal by a prosecutor.

The file is beyond important to our case and it seems Google removed the file in a "clear up space" task that was executed on it.

Everything we have read so far says root access is a must have in order to be able to recover deleted files.

What is the current status of the bootloader on the device (locked/unlocked)? What is the current software version / build on the device?

I suspect that your best bet would be to contact Google and/or Verizon and request their assistance. If the bootloader is NOT currently unlocked, then unlocking it (even if method existed) would result in the device being wiped as part of that process - which MIGHT impact your ability to retrieve the deleted file. If you are on an older version/build, I know there were some versions that allowed for some root exploits to work without requiring the bootloader to be unlocked - but those have long since been closed. Given the critical nature of your need, I think your best bet would be to engage Google or Verizon for the assistance you need...perhaps with the legal context behind the request, they would consider an exception to their typical policies. Not sure if you could secure a court order or similar to compel them to help you...but I think your best bet is to have Google or Verizon assist to avoid any unnecessary risk to permanently losing the file you are seeking to restore/recover.

Good luck!