Question Is it possible to reach widevine 1?

Search This thread

Torettini

Oct 3, 2022
Hello,

I received a P11 Pro 2021 with global rom and open boot loader, I was able to change to CN rom, update and close bootloader but I am not able to reach L1 in widevine.
Now I am in last rom with android 12, with bootloader locked and still widevine L3, is there any method to download or flash again the keys to reach L1?
It is a pity to have this hardware and have to watch streaming platforms in SD.

Is it posible to contact Xiaoxin to receive widevine keys again? some brands like Xiaomi have this option in the system.

Thanks for your support,

Last edited:

Torettini

Oct 3, 2022
As I can see, nobody has been able to upgrade from L3 to L1. I had hope on last update but with no luck.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
As I can see, nobody has been able to upgrade from L3 to L1. I had hope on last update but with no luck.
I read somewhere, that if you relock bootloader with anything else flashed on your device other than original manufacturer FW, you are pretty much risking hard brick ... so consider yourself lucky, that the only consequence of relocking bootloader is degraded Widevine security level...

If you feel that you must have L1 on your device, you can try to flash your device back to original manufacturer FW and then relock your bootloader again, theoretically you should have L1 security level back (I may be wrong, because I have not tested this personally)...

Torettini

Oct 3, 2022
I have tried to lock and unlock in almost every possibility and I have almost bricked several times.
But, isn't suppossed to work out of the box with widevine L1 and stream in HD?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
Not sure if you did factory reset after either reflash, but if you didn't, it's worth the try, of course at your own risk ...
And if you didn't already - read this thread, may be an inspiration for something untested on your side...
If you received original tablet (not secondhand, or tampered by the seller), I'm 99% sure that if you flash FW, which put manufacturer on it when it was produced, you will get L1 security level back.
If you have secondhand device or from AliExpress, or from China and seller flashed Google Play Store for you, etc., AFAIK then unless you'll find out what FW exactly was flashed on your tablet in the factory, you may not get L1 back...
But, I'm not expert at all, and I do hope somebody else will provide better solution for you...

I3elphegor

Dec 11, 2017
Pilsen
Droid Turbo 2
Moto Z2 Force
I have tried to lock and unlock in almost every possibility and I have almost bricked several times.
But, isn't suppossed to work out of the box with widevine L1 and stream in HD?
If you have root and magisk, you can try to install safetynet pass, shamiko and then try to spoof your device with some module from cyberelon on GitHub. I didn't try it yet on P11 Plus, but I am using instantnoodle module on my M10 FHD Plus and Netflix is running with L1.

Last edited: