Is it possible to switch ANE-LX2 from C636 to C432?

Search This thread

ImFrengo

Mar 8, 2020
Your bootloader is locke or unlocked ? In fastboot run command
fastboot oem get-build-number
fastboot getvar vendorcountry
and post results.

Only using the same procedure - oeminfo for C636 and service ROM 8.0.0.xxx C636 etc.
Update: tried the bootloader unlock again with the same code I used the first time (probably shouldn't have):

(bootloader) The device will reboot and do factory reset...
(bootloader) The device will reboot and do factory reset...
FAILED (Device sent unknown status code: ►)
fastboot: error: Command failed

Anyway after that the phone did a factory reset and started up. Current situation:

1640795569699.png

Can something be done from here?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
C:\platform-tools>fastboot oem get-build-number
(bootloader) :System 8.0.0.046(0CXB)
OKAY [ 0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s

C:\platform-tools>fastboot getvar vendorcountry
vendorcountry: hw/eu
Finished. Total time: 0.005s

Fastboot screen on the phone shows "phone locked"
Okay, oeminfo has been successfully changed. Now you have two options :
1. Try flash service ROM again via dload
2. Unlock BL , flash TWRP (I know, you have TWRP, but if you want to use HuRupdater, it will ót work with TWRP installed over eRecovery), and follow "Chapter 2."

ImFrengo

Mar 8, 2020
Okay, oeminfo has been successfully changed. Now you have two options :
1. Try flash service ROM again via dload
2. Unlock BL , flash TWRP (I know, you have TWRP, but if you want to use HuRupdater, it will ót work with TWRP installed over eRecovery), and follow "Chapter 2."

Tried flasing again the rom via dload, failed again.
Re-flashed TWRP, downloaded HuRupdater and 3 zip files, put them all in the same folder.

Trying to install HuRu updater it says: error with update.zip file. See recovery.log for more details
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing file HuRUpdater_0.4.zip

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Tried flasing again the rom via dload, failed again.
Re-flashed TWRP, downloaded HuRupdater and 3 zip files, put them all in the same folder.

Trying to install HuRu updater it says: error with update.zip file. See recovery.log for more details
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing file HuRUpdater_0.4.zip
Maybe you are doing something wrong...
Step by step:
1. Flash TWRP in fastboot
2.Create a new folder , put the ANE-LX1C432 firmware (3 files) and HuRUpdater-0.4.zip at that folder. Copy this new folder to SD card.
3. In TWRP flash the folder (tap on 'HuRupdater_0.4.zip' and swipe).
4. Follow instruction on the screen - ( you must press VOLUME DOWN !)
It should work.

If not, try to update your phone in eRecovery using WiFi and option "Download latest version and recovery".

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Maybe you are doing something wrong...
Step by step:
1. Flash TWRP in fastboot
2.Create a new folder , put the ANE-LX1C432 firmware (3 files) and HuRUpdater-0.4.zip at that folder. Copy this new folder to SD card.
3. In TWRP flash the folder (tap on 'HuRupdater_0.4.zip' and swipe).
4. Follow instruction on the screen - ( you must press VOLUME DOWN !)
It should work.

If not, try to update your phone in eRecovery using WiFi and option "Download latest version and recovery".
Try this TWRP .

ImFrengo

Mar 8, 2020

Update:

I opened the recovery.log, it kinda looked like the update.zip was corrupted or something, because when it tried to read the file it said this:

unzip: can't find file table

So what I did was re-download the update.zip and transferred again the 4 files (3 firmware files + HuRUpdater) to my phone using a different method (first time I used HiSuite because I don't have a micro sd to USB available), this time I uploaded everything to my G Drive and downloaded the files on my phone.
Tried again the steps using the same TWRP I used the first time and this time it worked! :cool:

Once I was on 8.0.0.144 I was still unable to update via OTA, so as you suggested to the user from the other thread I updated to 9.1.0.370 using dload, and then I was finally able to install the latest OTA update, right now I'm on 9.1.0.397 with Oct 2021 security patches:

1640827391658.png

Thank you sooo much for your help and patience, really appreciated :)
Happy new year!

MaxFanto

Nov 6, 2014
Good Morning, I have the same problem (mine is ANE-LX2 8.0.0.140(ZAFC185))... but I don't find the FullOTA Firmware for C432 (with 3 files) to flash with HuRupdater_0.4.zip tool from TWRP. I unlocked the bootloader, flashed TWRP and changed the OEMINFO to hw/eu (C432).
Where I can download it please??
Any help is appreciate.
Thank you very much.
Bye
Max

Last edited: