Is it possible to unlock a P8 lite 2017 today ?

Search This thread

af1985

May 13, 2020
Hi Jujub,

thank you so much, I'll give 15.1 a try.

On this regard, 3 more helps needed:

1. Can you give me the link to Dil3mm4 's TWRP recovery? I cannot find a link on the 15.1 tread.
2. At which point in the installing procedure should I perform the decryption? What is this "Notepad++" they are talking about?
3. What is Magisk for and when should I install it?? :)

As you can see, if you are a beginner, I'm an infant ;)

Again, thanks.

Best and ciao

Hi!

So, I installed Lineage OS 17.1 on my sister's phone just two days ago, maybe I can give you some advice being myself a beginner. So, first of all, I guess you have enabled OEM unlock (otherwise you could not flash TWRP I guess? I don't think this is the point anyway) If not so, go to Developer Options --> Enable OEM unlock and you will see both the bootloader and FRP unlocked.

The try to follow the DarkJoker360's Lineage OS 17.1 install guide step by step (don't forget to flash the los_patches_prague.zip!). The right version of TWRP is important too for compatibility issues, so install the version he provided.

Anyway, as @DunoCZ pointed out, for entering TWRP recovery you have to press Volume UP button + Power button and keep them pressed until you get to the TWRP. Otherwise, what the device does is either booting up or go to the screen like "Press Volume UP for at least 3 seconds to go to erecovery" and if you do that, it will go into Huawei's own recovery.

Another thing is... Did you do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) in TWRP before trying to flash the new ROM? (don't just do the factory reset in Huawei's recovery, I read somewhere it doesn't wipe everything like the advanced one in the custom recovery)

Because as you wrote here, the stock OS booted up before you installed stock from again via Huawei erecovery. So my wild guess is that the wipe you did before flashing Lineage OS wasn't a full wipe?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

By the way, after installing Lineage OS 17.1 I found out there were indeed some very important problems in the ROM as noticed by other testers too...
The reason why I changed the ROM on the device was mainly because of two reasons:
1) Short battery life :rolleyes:
2) Not enough memory :(

And unfortunately, on Lineage OS 17.1:
1) Battery life not good enough. Unless you fix it by patching a new kernel, be always wary of apps running on your device etc., the battery ran short even after replacing the internal battery. Alas. Besides, I wanted something stable for my sis who threatened me to buy an iPhone if I couldn't fix her phone lol
2) Very big problem with memory: I couldn't find a way to write to the SD card as other users pointed out. It is read by the device, but apparently it is read only and even with root permissions I couldn't find a way to obtain write permission for the apps. Perhaps some options in fstab mount file should be changed, but honestly, I tried with my below-average knowledge of Linux and gave up :crying:

But then... I tried Lineage OS 15.1 and this one worked much, much better. Battery life is super good and has the adoptable storage option for the SD card! This way, instead of those 9 gigs of memory now the phone has more than 70! And honestly, this ROM solved both the most important problems of this phone :D

(PS: sorry for the long posts lol)
(PPS: if you decide to switch to 15.1, remember to decrypt the memory following this post otherwise you won't be able to install more that a bunch of apps on the phone. Besides, remember to flash Dil3mm4 's TWRP recovery)

Jujub

Apr 30, 2020
Bologna
Hi Jujub,

1. Can you give me the link to Dil3mm4 's TWRP recovery? I cannot find a link on the 15.1 tread.
2. At which point in the installing procedure should I perform the decryption? What is this "Notepad++" they are talking about?

Again, thanks.

Best and ciao

1) Here it is: https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/p8-lite-2017-development/unofficial-twrp-3-2-1-0-oreo-t3773970
I used the latest version (click here for the direct Drive link which is also in the post)

2) You should perform it after you have installed the custom ROM and done rooting (as far as I remember), cause this way you get access to the file and can delete the encryption line. Well Notepad++ is just a text editor, nothing more. Just edit the text in the file with something and you are fine

3) Well... Magisk is... Give a look here!
I'm not an advanced user either, but afaik Magisk is an open source program letting you gain root access systemlessly( so it is easier to hide from apps which may not like it.) What it does is basically let you do whatever the f... you want with your own smartphone :)

Reactions: Momin8454

kispal9191

Oct 7, 2020
Hi, yes it should be still possible.

DC-Unlocker is what you need. The operation has a cost in credits, 4$ are necessary to unlock the device since it's the cost that DC asks from retrieve bootloader code from your device.

If you're definitely motivated to do it, it's your only chance but luckily it's an acceptable prize.

I installed the "DC Unlocker" First of all i do not find on the list Huawei P8 lite.
Tried to detect the phone:

"Detecting phone :
selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Auto detect (recommended)
Phone not found !"
So how did you do it?

Momin8454

Oct 22, 2019
Redmi Note 8
I installed the "DC Unlocker" First of all i do not find on the list Huawei P8 lite.
Tried to detect the phone:

"Detecting phone :
selection :
manufacturer - Huawei phones
model - Auto detect (recommended)
Phone not found !"
So how did you do it?

I had Honor 8 lite ( its same as Huawei P8 lite 2017) with Android 7.0

If your device is Android 8.0 then you need to downgrade to Android 7 via Hisuit

Momin8454

Oct 22, 2019
Redmi Note 8
Is there any tutorial for this?
I don't know about that ... I just downloaded Hisuit and connected the device with PC and followed on-screen instructions by Hisuit

After DownGrading successfully to Android 7 ... I bought the Credits from Android Client of DC-Unlocker ( downloadable from Play Store) .. it gives you username and password.

You have to put that username and password to DC-Unlocker PC client. Tutorial for DC-Unlocker is available on YouTube

Last edited:

speedson

Oct 10, 2016
my own little microcosmos
You can downgrade (idk if it is possible from emui 8 I don't even own this phone) and then you can follow this tutorial to unlock your bootloader (FOR FREE) https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/general/guide-unlock-bootloader-root-device-t3977067

Edit : found this guide with HiSuite it may work
that function is since long time not available anymore in hisuite^^ the ppl need just to accept the 4€ peanuts costs to unlock there bootloader and thats it. thats the same with the testpoiint variant...alll talking about the testpoint but no one tell you wich of them and how to combinate. the time goes by and you waste your own the time only thats all. or pay 4€ get your unlock code and do what ever you want. ok last option is to let it be and buy your girlffriend a ice in the park for the 4€ xD

solong
speedson 🤘 🙃 🤘

florstat

Nov 27, 2018
...alll talking about the testpoint but no one tell you wich of them and how to combinate. t
Connect this one to the ground and it's done ( I used a multimeter ).
HUAWEI%2BP8%2BLite%2B2017%2BPRA%2BLA1.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some advice from a beginner

Thank you for your support. To reinstate some order in the procedure, yesterday I reinstalled EMUI from eRecovery and now I am back to "zero-point-one", aka right after DC Unlocker: when I switch on the phone it says it is unlocked and then launches stock OS. From now on what should I do to have in the end LineageOS 17.1 installed? Again, thanks for your time

Hi!

So, I installed Lineage OS 17.1 on my sister's phone just two days ago, maybe I can give you some advice being myself a beginner. So, first of all, I guess you have enabled OEM unlock (otherwise you could not flash TWRP I guess? I don't think this is the point anyway) If not so, go to Developer Options --> Enable OEM unlock and you will see both the bootloader and FRP unlocked.

The try to follow the DarkJoker360's Lineage OS 17.1 install guide step by step (don't forget to flash the los_patches_prague.zip!). The right version of TWRP is important too for compatibility issues, so install the version he provided.

Anyway, as @DunoCZ pointed out, for entering TWRP recovery you have to press Volume UP button + Power button and keep them pressed until you get to the TWRP. Otherwise, what the device does is either booting up or go to the screen like "Press Volume UP for at least 3 seconds to go to erecovery" and if you do that, it will go into Huawei's own recovery.

Another thing is... Did you do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) in TWRP before trying to flash the new ROM? (don't just do the factory reset in Huawei's recovery, I read somewhere it doesn't wipe everything like the advanced one in the custom recovery)

Don't fully get your question. Current situation is: Phone unlocked with DC Unlocker. When I switch it on I get the "phone is unlocked" message and if I don't do anything it starts booting stock OS, otherwise goes into Huawei eRecovery. If from Huawei eRecovery I do a full wipe, it starts TWRP. But even if I work on TWRP, when I reboot it is all back to "phone is unlocked". And again, and again. Hope it is clearer.

Thanks

Because as you wrote here, the stock OS booted up before you installed stock from again via Huawei erecovery. So my wild guess is that the wipe you did before flashing Lineage OS wasn't a full wipe?

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

By the way, after installing Lineage OS 17.1 I found out there were indeed some very important problems in the ROM as noticed by other testers too...
    The reason why I changed the ROM on the device was mainly because of two reasons:
    1) Short battery life :rolleyes:
    2) Not enough memory :(

And unfortunately, on Lineage OS 17.1:
    1) Battery life not good enough. Unless you fix it by patching a new kernel, be always wary of apps running on your device etc., the battery ran short even after replacing the internal battery. Alas. Besides, I wanted something stable for my sis who threatened me to buy an iPhone if I couldn't fix her phone lol
    2) Very big problem with memory: I couldn't find a way to write to the SD card as other users pointed out. It is read by the device, but apparently it is read only and even with root permissions I couldn't find a way to obtain write permission for the apps. Perhaps some options in fstab mount file should be changed, but honestly, I tried with my below-average knowledge of Linux and gave up :crying:

But then... I tried Lineage OS 15.1 and this one worked much, much better. Battery life is super good and has the adoptable storage option for the SD card! This way, instead of those 9 gigs of memory now the phone has more than 70! And honestly, this ROM solved both the most important problems of this phone :D

(PS: sorry for the long posts lol)
    (PPS: if you decide to switch to 15.1, remember to decrypt the memory following this post otherwise you won't be able to install more that a bunch of apps on the phone. Besides, remember to flash Dil3mm4 's TWRP recovery)
    Hi Jujub,

Again, thanks.

Best and ciao

1) Here it is: https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/p8-lite-2017-development/unofficial-twrp-3-2-1-0-oreo-t3773970
    I used the latest version (click here for the direct Drive link which is also in the post)

2) You should perform it after you have installed the custom ROM and done rooting (as far as I remember), cause this way you get access to the file and can delete the encryption line. Well Notepad++ is just a text editor, nothing more. Just edit the text in the file with something and you are fine

3) Well... Magisk is... Give a look here!
    I'm not an advanced user either, but afaik Magisk is an open source program letting you gain root access systemlessly( so it is easier to hide from apps which may not like it.) What it does is basically let you do whatever the f... you want with your own smartphone :)
    You can downgrade (idk if it is possible from emui 8 I don't even own this phone) and then you can follow this tutorial to unlock your bootloader (FOR FREE) https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/general/guide-unlock-bootloader-root-device-t3977067

Edit : found this guide with HiSuite it may work https://youtu.be/xFCLpgGZEJM

Yeah, but not for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 version... I found this to be possible just for older phones (like the original P8 lite) which can be downgraded to Android 5. Newer ones can't be flashed with unsigned firmware (= firmware which is not straight from damn Huawei who decided not to provide the bootloader codes in the first place) so the only way apparently is to use paid software like DC-Unlocker as stated in this official XDA thread --> https://www.xda-developers.com/huawei-honor-unlock-bootloader-fee/

hi, does dc-unlocker work on Emui 8 as well? PRA-LX1 model, build 8.0.0.399 (C432)...

Unlocked the bootloader yesterday! I have Huawei P8 Lite 2017 PRA-LX1 and had latest Emui 8 build on it... Bought the code for 4€ from DC-Unlocker, and required around 2 minutes for unlocking. You can follow this guide --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYybHAlWaQ

I tried so hard to get the code for free, and I know modding should not cost people money. But at the end of the day, I think those 4 euros were worth it :)