Question is it possible to use google photos instead of the mi gallery app ?

Search This thread

dunker512

Feb 28, 2020
Hi

Anyway that i could remove the mi gallery app and start using google photos instead ?

If i take a photo and press on the photo , then the gallery starts up , want to start google photos instead ?

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hi

Anyway that i could remove the mi gallery app and start using google photos instead ?

If i take a photo and press on the photo , then the gallery starts up , want to start google photos instead ?
You have super cool editing tools in gallery app of miui. like photoshop removing persons , erase whatever, sky replacement etc... it is really powerful and great app. but if you really want to yes you can remove it and set up google photos as default gallery app.
You can remove any app without root with adb tools. Just dont remove system apps.!
First go to settings/apps/manage apps/click on the 3 dots in the top right corner/default apps/gallery/select google photos

ADB Commands:

adb devices
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.gallery

Icemint

Jun 12, 2012
How many phones Xiaomi could sell if making phones without these idiosyncrasies? Me? I sold my Xiaomi almost instantly just because of this. 99,9% of people would use Google photos instead of that rubbish. Xiaomi cloud? Nobody use it in Europe. None. Xiaomi account? I have yet to know anyone who have this "account". Xiaomi-products for business use? Laughable. Google rules and nobody wants to use anything other.

Icemint

Jun 12, 2012
Xiaomi could save a shotloads of money if they wanted and listen to customers (not asslickers who are the most loudest). Just close that Xiaomi cloud service completely. Remove ALL their own apps from their phones. Remove Xiaomi account and close those servers. Nobody cares. Phones would be awesome after that. Now they are cheap and have great price/performance, but full ot cr*p that nobody cares.

Icemint

Jun 12, 2012
You have super cool editing tools in gallery app of miui. like photoshop removing persons , erase whatever, sky replacement etc... it is really powerful and great app. but if you really want to yes you can remove it and set up google photos as default gallery app.
You can remove any app without root with adb tools. Just dont remove system apps.!
First go to settings/apps/manage apps/click on the 3 dots in the top right corner/default apps/gallery/select google photos

ADB Commands:

adb devices
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.gallery
I have absolutely no idea, where to get this adb tools app and how to use it. I can't find it in the play store.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I have absolutely no idea, where to get this adb tools app and how to use it. I can't find it in the play store.
Google is your friend. Put adb and start reading/learning, there are tons of guides elsewhere about Android Debugger. ADB has nothing with Playstore, you have to install to the PC, etc, etc

Last edited: