• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is it really WearOS 3 from Google??

Search This thread

gmincca

Nov 28, 2012
Is it??
Or is it a hacked version of WearOS 2 to run on Exynos soc? Or maybe even Tizen hacked to look like WearoS?

Just don't get why Google aren't releasing WearOS 3 until at least. Q1 next year, not even for Fossil who they own, yet Samsung try to give the impression of Wear OS without ever saying Wear OS 3.

Show me a screen shot from a watch that says Google Wear OS 3 and then I'll believe it. Until theen it's a con.

• Haha
Reactions: sesnut

IanRad

Sep 9, 2021
Consipracy theories everywhere. :)
It is running on android 11 (version used for Wear OS 3.0).
Wear OS 2.XX is running on android 9.

Screenshot_20210913_140238_settings.png

Reactions: adj998

gmincca

Nov 28, 2012
Not convinced until I see a screen shot that clearly says Google Wear OS 3!
Keep trying!

• Haha
Reactions: sesnut

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Charge your Wünschelrute and power Crystal Ball... :alien:

Or you use brain and look into APK Apps... and other Threads like here:

Its okay if you wait for magic...

Nanonano...

Reactions: jtOttawa

dreamtheater39

Oct 3, 2004
Bangalore
www.youtube.com
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was the biggest con job they pulled over us! Google being lazy and forgotten the existence of wear os....and samsung gave them an easy out...

Where's that week long battery life they talk about? That's the one thing I hate about the w4....the abysmal battery life....

Reactions: MilgeS

pocoag123

Apr 28, 2020
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was the biggest con job they pulled over us! Google being lazy and forgotten the existence of wear os....and samsung gave them an easy out...

Where's that week long battery life they talk about? That's the one thing I hate about the w4....the abysmal battery life....
I am getting maximum a day only and sometime even less.
With heart rate off and hardly done any excercise.
Display itself is taking at least 7% battery per hour even if I am idle.
If I put any fancy colorful watch face, it drains toooooo fast.
Gw4 lte. 44mm

dreamtheater39

Oct 3, 2004
Bangalore
www.youtube.com
I am getting maximum a day only and sometime even less.
With heart rate off and hardly done any excercise.
Display itself is taking at least 7% battery per hour even if I am idle.
If I put any fancy colorful watch face, it drains toooooo fast.
Gw4 lte. 44mm
It's usually an offending app or usage of LTE. Make sure to set LTE always off....and turn it on only when you need it. In my case Spotify was eating up battery life like crazy....and now I force stop Spotify when I'm done using it...

I have HR set to continuous and spo2/snore for sleep measurement, no AOD, raise to wake enabled and usually an hour of fitness with 30mins using GPS.....gives me 40hrs of life

pocoag123

Apr 28, 2020
It's usually an offending app or usage of LTE. Make sure to set LTE always off....and turn it on only when you need it. In my case Spotify was eating up battery life like crazy....and now I force stop Spotify when I'm done using it...

I have HR set to continuous and spo2/snore for sleep measurement, no AOD, raise to wake enabled and usually an hour of fitness with 30mins using GPS.....gives me 40hrs of life
Is there any way to on/off lte in single click, from tiles maybe? Or do we need to go to setting>Connection> Lte every time?

Also in the drop down menu if you click add button "mobile data' will appear, what does it do? Even if we turn it off, cellular icon still appears. I assume it is data only on/off and not calls???

Also for 40 hours backup we need to use some dark watch face right?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe tizen was always based on Android but with Samsung's edits now they've just taken the skin off it
    Both Wear OS and Tizen are based on Linux kernel.
    History of Tizen goes back to mid 2007 (Moblin) so it's actully slightly older that Android.
    Is it??
    Or is it a hacked version of WearOS 2 to run on Exynos soc? Or maybe even Tizen hacked to look like WearoS?

Just don't get why Google aren't releasing WearOS 3 until at least. Q1 next year, not even for Fossil who they own, yet Samsung try to give the impression of Wear OS without ever saying Wear OS 3.

Show me a screen shot from a watch that says Google Wear OS 3 and then I'll believe it. Until theen it's a con.
    Consipracy theories everywhere. :)
    It is running on android 11 (version used for Wear OS 3.0).
    Wear OS 2.XX is running on android 9.

Screenshot_20210913_140238_settings.png
    Not convinced until I see a screen shot that clearly says Google Wear OS 3!
    Keep trying!