• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Is it Safe to Disable Stock Launcher?

Search This thread

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
I'm presently disabling services and packages with adb on my x2. I have Nova launcher installed as my default launcher. I'm thinking of disabling the default huawei stock launcher. Is it safe to disable while Nova is the default launcher?

Lets say I do and something goes wrong in the future where Nova doesnt boot, is there a way to enable usb debugging in the phone since there'd be no launcher present?

Jan 14, 2010
have the same question. I'm on chinese version and dont have the choice of using another launcher as the default launcher. wondering if i disable stock launcher, will it default to the only available launcher (nova)

Jan 14, 2010
Chinese version of Huawei phones only allow stock launcher I guess coz they are gathering data. Not just an issue on mate x2. If I can sort this and get tasker working to turn aod on only when a notification comes in then it's the perfect phone for me!

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
I actually can disable the stock launcher. I tried it and got Nova to be my only launcher. But i wanna know in case I boot up my phone and Nova doesnt come up, is it possible to enable usb debugging somehow on the phone since there'd be no launcher present?

Reactions: simmoyo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I actually can disable the stock launcher. I tried it and got Nova to be my only launcher. But i wanna know in case I boot up my phone and Nova doesnt come up, is it possible to enable usb debugging somehow on the phone since there'd be no launcher present?