• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Is it Safe to Disable the Stock Launcher through ADB?

Search This thread

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
I'm presently disabling services and packages with adb on my mate 20x. I have Nova launcher installed as my default launcher. I'm thinking of disabling the default huawei stock launcher. Is it safe to disable while Nova is the default launcher?

Lets say I do and something goes wrong in the future where Nova doesnt boot, is there a way to enable usb debugging in the phone since there'd be no launcher present?

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
Don't do that. Even if nova never fail, by disabling huawei home you lose recent apps option with left (or right) down key. You press recent app key- nothing happens. I was not acceptable for me...

Reactions: CursedPhone163

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
Don't do that. Even if nova never fail, by disabling huawei home you lose recent apps option with left (or right) down key. You press recent app key- nothing happens. I was not acceptable for me...

I'm confused by your reply. The recent apps function has no right or left key. What do you mean? Are you talking about the 3 key navigation as shown below?

Attachments

• qq.png
    qq.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 7

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
yes, someone put it left someone right. but anyway you lose functionality of this key press. nothin happens, you cant navigate through open apps and cant close all

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
yes, someone put it left someone right. but anyway you lose functionality of this key press. nothin happens, you cant navigate through open apps and cant close all

Appreciate the reply. I have 2 questions..

1) But instead of using the keys, will the gestures work. Or will I still lose functionality? I ask because I only use gestures not the keys.

2) If I disable the huawei launcher then later on I re-enable it, will I be able to re-enable the same home settings as before?

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
1. it is same, just 2 ways of getting recents. so, also no recent apps with gestures.
2. yes, if disable. when reenable you get all functionality. if delete- remove, then there is also adb command to get it back without full wipe (factory reset

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
1. it is same, just 2 ways of getting recents. so, also no recent apps with gestures.
2. yes, if disable. when reenable you get all functionality. if delete- remove, then there is also adb command to get it back without full wipe (factory reset

Appreciate the reply. I see.

When I do adb commands on my 20x, I have to always re-enable USB debugging in settings after I power on my phone even if its been enabled before which is strange. It seems that USB debugging defaults back to its original unset settings after power off.

But in case I'm unable to re-enable USB debugging if the launcher is deleted, is there a way to re-enable USB debugging using adb with no launcher?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.