Question Is it worth to buy P6Pro in that point of time?

Search This thread

I7210I

May 14, 2010
Hi,
I have P5 right now and it works fine, Is it worth to buy in that point of time P6Pro even though that in october suppose to come a new pixel? and also with the problem that he had?
Thanks

Reactions: JHypeman55420

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi @I7210I,

This seems like a Question thread (the default), rather than a General thread. You should change it back.

In answer to your question, I'd say if you find the Pixel 6 Pro cheaply enough, sure, buy it. Recently I saw news of sub-$300 Pixel 6 Pros on sale somewhere.

If you're going to pay full price or near full price (or monthly installments that total up to near full price), then I'd suggest just waiting.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Personally, I would wait then, although I would fully expect to pay more than that for the Pixel 7 Pro. Since the Google Store is directly selling the SIM-unlocked (bootloader unlockable) 128 GB Pixel 6 Pro for $649 (at one point in the process it says $899, but the next step shows it back at $649), and you can get the 512 GB unlocked P6P for $849 direct from the Google Store, I would first determine what size you want. If 128 GB is enough for you, the $640 from your source isn't horrible, but if you need more storage than 128 GB, I think I would hold off until the Pixel 7 Pro even though you will definitely be paying more than $850 for any Pixel 7 Pro.

So I probably didn't make the decision any easier, but... :)

Also, I didn't stop using my Pixel 1 until a few months after it received its last update in December 2019 or so.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
And the release date of the pixel 7 is right?
I don't know what the release date of the Pixel 7 is. It is probably either next month or as you said, more likely October/late October. October 19, 2021 was when they had the first-day pre-orders for the Pixel 6. It was a nightmare. Their site couldn't handle the load, but eventually maybe five hours later I was able to pre-order. Got my wife's and my factory unlocked Pixel 6 Pro 512 GB models in late October.

and about the p6, is the bugs are fixed with the updates?
thanks
The only noticeable bugs I remember ever having were a slight problem with using gestures with third-party Launcher apps, but it didn't cause me a problem that often and was always recoverable. I know others have had other bugs but I was one of the lucky ones.

I haven't noticed the issue the last less than two days I've had 13 Stable installed but that isn't really long enough to tell if the issue is still around.

Personally, I think Android 13 is much smoother than Android 12, and when I reboot the phone, the home screen loads noticeably faster the first time I unlock it. I've been withholding full judgment one way or another on 13 because it takes time to observe all the overall differences objectively, and sometimes there is also a placebo effect with a new shiny Android version, but my general impression is that Android 13 compared to 12 is like Android 5.11 compared to 5. But honestly not as big a difference as the 5->5.11 changes - just reminiscent of that situation, although Android 5.x was when I was still using non-Google OEM phones.

You're welcome! Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

I7210I

May 14, 2010
And we said nothing on the competitors (S22 ultra) in front of the pixel 6 pro...
So everything is relayed on rumors about the release dates...
The price sounds good , and you said you was lucky about the 6 pro so that's one thing that might be scary

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
And we said nothing on the competitors (S22 ultra) in front of the pixel 6 pro...
So everything is relayed on rumors about the release dates...
The price sounds good , and you said you was lucky about the 6 pro so that's one thing that might be scary
Well, from what I've seen in this section there were plenty of others who were lucky too. Any one of us can be lucky or unlucky with any phone brand or model.

I7210I

May 14, 2010
Well, from what I've seen in this section there were plenty of others who were lucky too. Any one of us can be lucky or unlucky with any phone brand or model.
agreed, it might catch you in any brand and device.
overall I think that for that price it's looks good, and who knows what will be the start (problems, prices) of the 7 pro, isn't it?
and to go the S22 ultra is something else

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
Hi,
I have P5 right now and it works fine, Is it worth to buy in that point of time P6Pro even though that in october suppose to come a new pixel? and also with the problem that he had?
Thanks
i has hear several rumors about an early realease by september, with official ETA for early october... you could wait a little bit, however the price for the P6/P6P will surely down with the new ones on market, si it could be a good time for to buy at reasonable price.

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I'd wait. The Pixel 7 looks like it could solve a lot of issues and shortcomings with the Pixel 6.

The Pixel 6 is getting harder to find as Google apparently wants the inventory gone.

If you're in the US, you could get a Pixel 6 Pro for $0 down from T-Mobile on the JOD program and upgrade to a regular Pixel 7 for free (Pro probably $150-$300 down?) when it comes out.

Last edited:

I7210I

May 14, 2010
So as far as I see, the p7 pro is behind the corner, I'm in Europe till 7 of September, I hope that I will have good news till than...
anyhow, looks like its better to wait than if I understand, also the thing with the inventory is right

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Thank you,
    The price I can get is 830 USD for the 256GB and 640 for the 128 GB
    And the release date of the pixel 7 is right?
    and about the p6, is the bugs are fixed with the updates?
    thanks
    agreed, it might catch you in any brand and device.
    overall I think that for that price it's looks good, and who knows what will be the start (problems, prices) of the 7 pro, isn't it?
    and to go the S22 ultra is something else
    I'd wait. The Pixel 7 looks like it could solve a lot of issues and shortcomings with the Pixel 6.

The Pixel 6 is getting harder to find as Google apparently wants the inventory gone.

If you're in the US, you could get a Pixel 6 Pro for $0 down from T-Mobile on the JOD program and upgrade to a regular Pixel 7 for free (Pro probably $150-$300 down?) when it comes out.