Is LineageOS coming? Or which ROM is most similar?

Search This thread

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
Wondering if LineageOS is in the works?

In the meantime, which of the custom roms is most similar, which also supports microG and magisk?

I see lineage 18.1 on the moto g8 forums. This *may* work on the stylus. The custom rom that I use actually was built for the Moto G8 Power. So I wouldn't be afraid to try it, just have your stock rom to revert to.

As for the most like Lineage, currently available... I've ran the crDroid and the ResurrectionRemix (both Android 10's), and the crDroid is probably the closest to Lineage as you're gonna find. I haven't ran the HavocOS and can't comment. The CRdroid is an amazing Rom, especially if you're looking for performance and efficiency.. buttery smooth too. The RR is just absolutely loaded up with customization options. Its really a beautiful OS on this phone. For what I use my phone for, I've found exactly ZERO bugs or issues with either of them.

Again, the crDroid is probably the closest you'll get to lineage.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.

Reactions: TheShanMan

TheShanMan

Oct 29, 2013
Thank you! After doing a lot of experimentation on my old G6 yesterday, I feel more emboldened to experiment a bit on my wife's G8 Stylus (and she can use the G6 in the meantime). So I'll start with LOS and then consider crDroid if necessary. I'll take a TWRP backup first, and there's always Motorola's Rescue and Smart Assistant tool if necessary. Appreciate the guidance!

almostanoob

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Forum,
First post here.
I just got this phone with the plan of trying out a google free phone.
Are there any more updates about lineage being available yet for this phone?
Many thanks,
AAN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wondering if LineageOS is in the works?

In the meantime, which of the custom roms is most similar, which also supports microG and magisk?

I see lineage 18.1 on the moto g8 forums. This *may* work on the stylus. The custom rom that I use actually was built for the Moto G8 Power. So I wouldn't be afraid to try it, just have your stock rom to revert to.

As for the most like Lineage, currently available... I've ran the crDroid and the ResurrectionRemix (both Android 10's), and the crDroid is probably the closest to Lineage as you're gonna find. I haven't ran the HavocOS and can't comment. The CRdroid is an amazing Rom, especially if you're looking for performance and efficiency.. buttery smooth too. The RR is just absolutely loaded up with customization options. Its really a beautiful OS on this phone. For what I use my phone for, I've found exactly ZERO bugs or issues with either of them.

Again, the crDroid is probably the closest you'll get to lineage.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone