Is my life really worth it?

Search This thread

『フレーバー』

Jan 14, 2021
Japan
Apple iPhone 12
I posted a pic of "hello".
I switched to remix os because it sounds cool, but I can't upgrade higher than 8.1?
Something does happen when I flash an android 9 remix os:
The remix os logo shows
Its goes smaller and bigger
Thats it never goes to a home page or anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-212000_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210117-212000_Chrome.png
    319.6 KB · Views: 38
D

Deleted member 9635294

I posted a pic of "hello".
I switched to remix os because it sounds cool, but I can't upgrade higher than 8.1?
Something does happen when I flash an android 9 remix os:
The remix os logo shows
Its goes smaller and bigger
Thats it never goes to a home page or anything
Oh that is erfangsi based ones Which only supports qualcommn and exynos
see if this boots, Android 11
or this, also Android 11

Last edited by a moderator:

『フレーバー』

Jan 14, 2021
Japan
Apple iPhone 12
No I found out why it dosn't work...
it's becuase the api level isn't supported:
Because device device wasn't released with Android 9 or higher.
Read this, especially the "Check Device Compliance" section: https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image
How ever I found out some more interesting information about my phone:
My phone company (Maxwest) rebrands phones! So here is my original phone :
But Coolpad released this phone using android 7. Which means Maxwest had to change the api level of the device.

D

Deleted member 9635294

No I found out why it dosn't work...
it's becuase the api level isn't supported:
Because device device wasn't released with Android 9 or higher.
Read this, especially the "Check Device Compliance" section: https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image
How ever I found out some more interesting information about my phone:
My phone company (Maxwest) rebrands phones! So here is my original phone :
But Coolpad released this phone using android 7. Which means Maxwest had to change the api level of the device.
Oh didn't spot that problem!

D

Deleted member 9635294

I'm not sure about that. Isn't that the requirement with just Google's GSI? Have you tried a Android 9/10/11 phh GSI?
Post #142 I asked him to try Android 11 GSI but that failed. Boots forever.
Anyway somewhat it may be solved by executing the following code in TWRP.
Code:
adb shell

su
mount -o rw,remount /
echo "setprop debug.stagefright.ccodec 0" >> /system/bin/rw-system.sh
Magisk should be flashed before executing that. It is claimed to be working in Walmart Onn Tablets which is another supercheap. The Onn Tablets were launched with Pie but not Oreo though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9635294

Maybe the OP can try runing 'adb logcat' or 'dmesg' to see if the error can be solved. It could just be that some binaries are missing and they need to be pushed.
I'm also thinking of forking the phh generic device tree and making it more specific to the phone so that the op can have an actual custom rom. What do you think of that?
Good idea :)

Parthib

Aug 27, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Hey, interesting thread. I also have a phone with unisoc chip that I did a little bit of tinkering with but couldn't go any further than just unlocking the bootloader (using the same hovatek guide). Also this one comes with a unisoc sc7731e chip and same 8.1 stock rom.

btw, I have an idea, can you try using/porting a boot image by replacing the kernel from an android 9 device that has the same chipset as yours, that might make it to boot into an android 9 rom.

D

Deleted member 9635294

Hey, interesting thread. I also have a phone with unisoc chip that I did a little bit of tinkering with but couldn't go any further than just unlocking the bootloader (using the same hovatek guide). Also this one comes with a unisoc sc7731e chip and same 8.1 stock rom.

btw, I have an idea, can you try using/porting a boot image by replacing the kernel from an android 9 device that has the same chipset as yours, that might make it to boot into an android 9 rom.
The real problem is no devices with Android 9 runs on a same/similar unisoc/spreadtrum chip, according to my research.

shatheone

Jun 2, 2011
I have a maxwest nitro 5p, I got it free from the government assistance provider. the phone is a chore to use to say the least. I would like to root and load a custom rom but I can't find any info on this particular in the modding community

『フレーバー』

Jan 14, 2021
Japan
Apple iPhone 12
I have a maxwest nitro 5p, I got it free from the government assistance provider. the phone is a chore to use to say the least. I would like to root and load a custom rom but I can't find any info on this particular in the modding community
try this:

『フレーバー』

Jan 14, 2021
Japan
Apple iPhone 12
So far I have built this twrp with this tree https://github.com/Seplx/twrp_device_maxwest_sharkl2

you can download it from here

try to boot it with
'fastboot boot recovery.img'

if it boots I recommend that you don't do any operation within it as I'm still missing the partition sizes and I don' know the side effects of that.
Hello Seppppx! I am happy to tell you the twrp successfully flashed! Not only that I was able to root my device as well.

I would like to learn how make a device tree from scratch or maybe learn how to make my very own custom rom. Anyways could you give me some tips or a reliable article to learn from?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    user@user-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/Downloads$ fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta-sign.img
    target didn't report max-download-size
    sending 'vbmeta' (12 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.001s]
    writing 'vbmeta'...
    OKAY [ 0.362s]
    finished. total time: 0.364s
    user@user-HP-EliteBook-8460p:~/Downloads$

sorry I shouldn't get to exsited I think I just flashed the stock vbmeta.img.
    But is there anyway to test if it is?
    Hello? wait don't leave me now!!
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Android phones/tablets powered by UniSoc ( formerly Spreadtrum ) chipset can only get bootloader-unlocked if both the vbmeta-sign.img - what contains the public keys - and vbmeta.pem - what holds the private keys - are present on device.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    this may be new lead pls elaborate

As I can see I stated it wrong: must read "are present" instead of "are present on device". Sorry for this.

1. Typically people by means of SPD Research Tool extract existing vbmeta-sign.img, then pass this extracted file to fastboot what rewrites it at its own when you run
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta-sign vbmeta-sign.img
    fastboot reboot
    You don't have to create vbmeta-sign.img at your own as you can read elsewhere.

2. File vbmeta.pem what holds the unlock-token what you get with
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot oem get_identifier_token
    must get created at your own - see attachment. Once created you rename it to signature.bin and flash it as follows
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock_bootloader signature.bin

HTH
    OMG I DID SOMETHING
    I flashed the aonly img from
    And It finished and it's booting into lingos os