Question Is my Pixel 6 bricked?

Search This thread

Holdor

Jan 8, 2018
Hello to all,

I tried to install GrapheneOS today.

I managed to unlock the bootloader.
But when I had to install GrapheneOS I encountered the error "Error: Failed to execute 'claimInterface' on 'USBDevice': Unable to claim interface." with the installation via the web interface of my browser (there were disconnections while I just used the new cable of my Pixel) and another connection error but I don't remember it ("device not found" maybe)

Before this, I tried the command line installation from Windows 11 and encountered the "waiting for any device" error when running "./flash-all.bat"

I should point out that I had performed the driver search via Windows update and Windows had not found anything even in the optional updates.
When I went to the device manager, I didn't see any devices that needed drivers installed / I didn't see the Pixel (which was connected via USB-C / USB-C (Thunderbolt)

So my assumption is that the powershell script ran when I tried to install GrapheneOS (it was still running in the background, I should have stopped closing Powershell) via the browser-based installation and there was a disconnect which resulted in a brick.

After the ROM flash attempt, I rebooted my phone and got the warning tips about the bootloader being unlocked and the ROM not being official with the traditional "g.co/ABH" link.

My second hypothesis is that my phone has no battery left because it came without a charger, so I used the charger of my OnePlus to charge it but it was charging very slowly (estimated 3+ days...).

What do you think about it ?

Should I buy the official Google 30W charger to see what it does? even if I think I have no choice.
Do you think I could debrick my phone (if it is bricked) ?

I am attaching a picture of what my phone is currently displaying (even when it is not plugged in)

Attachments

• photo_2022-07-02_15-38-18.jpg
    photo_2022-07-02_15-38-18.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

boe323

Jun 22, 2012
Burton on Trent
take phone off the laptop and charge over night, if the oem unlock is enabled, there shouldnt be any issue in using google recovery or flashing any other method

Reactions: Holdor

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hello to all,

I tried to install GrapheneOS today.

I managed to unlock the bootloader.
But when I had to install GrapheneOS I encountered the error "Error: Failed to execute 'claimInterface' on 'USBDevice': Unable to claim interface." with the installation via the web interface of my browser (there were disconnections while I just used the new cable of my Pixel) and another connection error but I don't remember it ("device not found" maybe)

Before this, I tried the command line installation from Windows 11 and encountered the "waiting for any device" error when running "./flash-all.bat"

I should point out that I had performed the driver search via Windows update and Windows had not found anything even in the optional updates.
When I went to the device manager, I didn't see any devices that needed drivers installed / I didn't see the Pixel (which was connected via USB-C / USB-C (Thunderbolt)

So my assumption is that the powershell script ran when I tried to install GrapheneOS (it was still running in the background, I should have stopped closing Powershell) via the browser-based installation and there was a disconnect which resulted in a brick.

After the ROM flash attempt, I rebooted my phone and got the warning tips about the bootloader being unlocked and the ROM not being official with the traditional "g.co/ABH" link.

My second hypothesis is that my phone has no battery left because it came without a charger, so I used the charger of my OnePlus to charge it but it was charging very slowly (estimated 3+ days...).

What do you think about it ?

Should I buy the official Google 30W charger to see what it does? even if I think I have no choice.
Do you think I could debrick my phone (if it is bricked) ?

I am attaching a picture of what my phone is currently displaying (even when it is not plugged in)
Make sure you have this installed. Also, would suggest you use USB-C to USB-A.

Also make sure your Platform Tools are up-to-date.

You can also use Android Flash Tool to get back to stock.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    take phone off the laptop and charge over night, if the oem unlock is enabled, there shouldnt be any issue in using google recovery or flashing any other method