• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

is now the right time to buy a new laptop?

Search This thread

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
i want to buy a new laptop. i really want to get an i7 ivy bridge laptop. now finding an i7 ivy bridge ultrabook is pretty hard at this point, there arent that many out there, at least not that i can find. other things holding me back right now, Apple just announced its gonna have a 2400p display in its new macbook pro.. my gosh.. 2400p.. totally makes me want to get a mac, even tho i know nothing about their OS. do you think other companies will try to compete by putting out high resolution screens? if this is going to happen, it would be better to hold off, but will companies? and it could take them years to actually push one out..
another thing concerning me, is windows 8 is about to come out. should i be holding off? if windows 8 is going to be based hugely around touchscreens, would touchscreen laptops start coming out, if they are, i shouldnt get a non touchscreen one now.
and i also want a laptop with good fan ventilation, something that wont suffocate if it sits on my bed, which right now, seems like only the macbook would give me, because it doesnt have any fans on the bottom, does anyone know of an ultrabook that doesnt suffocate if sat on a bed? ugh what to do..

looking for advice

S

sleepijs_

Nah you shouldn't buy one now.. Wait 20-30 years by that time someone should come up with a laptop that you can control with your thoughts ;) :D

But seriously.. IMO you should get a laptop now.. IMO the new mac pro is not worth waiting. They are going to release the new model with 2400p display and in a few months time they are going to release an even "better" one 20g litter than the previous model :D ..

Right now I have a Hp DV-6 with fans on its sides and I'm pretty happy with it.. :rolleyes:

goompas

May 6, 2012
If you wait, then will come new solutions. In this way u never buy anything you choose. It is better to buy something now and a year or two to change.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i want to buy a new laptop. i really want to get an i7 ivy bridge laptop. now finding an i7 ivy bridge ultrabook is pretty hard at this point, there arent that many out there, at least not that i can find. other things holding me back right now, Apple just announced its gonna have a 2400p display in its new macbook pro.. my gosh.. 2400p.. totally makes me want to get a mac, even tho i know nothing about their OS. do you think other companies will try to compete by putting out high resolution screens? if this is going to happen, it would be better to hold off, but will companies? and it could take them years to actually push one out..
    another thing concerning me, is windows 8 is about to come out. should i be holding off? if windows 8 is going to be based hugely around touchscreens, would touchscreen laptops start coming out, if they are, i shouldnt get a non touchscreen one now.
    and i also want a laptop with good fan ventilation, something that wont suffocate if it sits on my bed, which right now, seems like only the macbook would give me, because it doesnt have any fans on the bottom, does anyone know of an ultrabook that doesnt suffocate if sat on a bed? ugh what to do..

looking for advice