• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Is OnePlus 9 Pro right for me?

Search This thread

VinitBelam

May 20, 2021
My Pixel 4 XL is suffering from a swelling battery a 2nd time. Google won't repair it and the phone is 15 months old, so it'd be out of pocket.
I have been a vanilla Google user since Nexus 4.
My wife has a Note 20 Ultra and I just find Samsung different to be different.
Going to be limping this phone until unsafe again --- have an LG V20 as a backup if this gets dangerous.
Is the 9 Pro the most vanilla flagship coming?

Reactions: galaxys

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
My Pixel 4 XL is suffering from a swelling battery a 2nd time. Google won't repair it and the phone is 15 months old, so it'd be out of pocket.
Going to be limping this phone until unsafe again --- have an LG V20 as a backup if this gets dangerous.
Oh man. The V20 is one of my favorites. That was a good phone. But yes. OnePlus is a good option. If you like customizations and root,then it's for you. I wouldn't say it's vanilla, but more like a vanilla bean flavored. Off vanilla if you catch me. But it's better than most skins that are on phones that have bloat. Give it a try. If you get from a carrier than you always have the 14 days to return. Try it out

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I'd say it's the most vanilla of all the android versions. Pixels are pretty close too. If you like one you'll undoubtedly like the other. The oneplus doesn't add some features on top of android like the pixel but it does add a couple tasteful ones for customizing your phone if you're into that. If you're not it's generally out of the way enough that you're not bothered by it. I wish there wasn't a gallery app included, I like to use my own so that's redundant. Otherwise I prefer this version of android over the pixels all day. And in my experience, fewer bugs out of the box too.

Last edited:

hubhib

Jun 10, 2010
I have been a Google phone user for years and the OP 9 Pro is my first non Google branded phone. I had the Motorola Milestone (Had stock Android iirc), Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, Nexus 6P and the Pixel 2. I always loved the stock interface, never was a fan of the UI of Samsung and the likes.

The interface is really close to stock, I love it. I actually was hesitant going for Oneplus, but I just couldn't bare the mediocre SOC of the Pixel 5. But I'm really glad I went for the OP 9 Pro, it's a great phone for People who come from a long history of Google phones.

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been a Google phone user for years and the OP 9 Pro is my first non Google branded phone. I had the Motorola Milestone (Had stock Android iirc), Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, Nexus 6P and the Pixel 2. I always loved the stock interface, never was a fan of the UI of Samsung and the likes.

The interface is really close to stock, I love it. I actually was hesitant going for Oneplus, but I just couldn't bare the mediocre SOC of the Pixel 5. But I'm really glad I went for the OP 9 Pro, it's a great phone for People who come from a long history of Google phones.
    short answer is YES!